Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Chipmunk-Alero
AleroMoB

Chipmunk-Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chipmunk-Alero
Center Air Vent Mod

Ok heres the deal. I was high when i came up with this idea. A friend of mine owns a Firebird that has round air vents like in a Grand Am. He said he was going to put his gauges in the holes. I thought it might be cool to try and put a gauge in the left side of the center air vent in our cars, and on the right have a plastic piece with the OLDS logo cut out and some LED's behind it. Then use the center hole to place a switch to control all the interior lighting for the car.

Like I said, I was high when I came up with this so dont be so critical LOL.

Just let me know if you think it is possible.

CC & PB, Tinted Tails, 3K HIDs (Lows/Fogs), GAGT Mirrors, Flowmaster Exhaust, D/S Rotors, CAI, Rockford Fosgate T400-4 T800-4, 1 15" C3, Rockford F 5.25/R 6x9
Chipmunk-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #2
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Cool idea but itll suck when youir freezing you whoowhoos off in the winter
Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk-Alero View Post
Ok heres the deal. I was high when i came up with this idea. A friend of mine owns a Firebird that has round air vents like in a Grand Am. He said he was going to put his gauges in the holes. I thought it might be cool to try and put a gauge in the left side of the center air vent in our cars, and on the right have a plastic piece with the OLDS logo cut out and some LED's behind it. Then use the center hole to place a switch to control all the interior lighting for the car.

Like I said, I was high when I came up with this so dont be so critical LOL.

Just let me know if you think it is possible.
Why don't you try to create something that still allows the air to flow into the c**kpit area and around the guages and the Olds logo. That way you will still have proper ventilation for yourself and passengers.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 10-17-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Justin081
V.I.P. Member

Justin081 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Justin081
i think it could looks good ... but i wouldnt do it because i like my heat.

Justin081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #5
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
ehh......not a good idea. I need my heat, especially now....its getting pretty damn cold in the morning. I hate it
Old 10-17-2008, 01:37 AM   #6
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
You can have both if designed correctly.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:04 AM   #7
jwateland
GX Member

jwateland is on a distinguished road
i don't think it would look good or stock. espicially for the amount of work involved. but prove me wrong
jwateland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:14 AM   #8
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
It has potental, mabey try putting the gauge in the middle, and the logo above or below the gause and re configure the vents to go arround the gauge, ( (0) ) <<< something like that, then you could be able to keep your vent, have the gauge, the logo, and a bag of chips, lol.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 AM   #9
Oldsnut

Chipmunk I think it has potential but as stated, it is a lot of work.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:19 AM   #10
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshinZero View Post
It has potental, mabey try putting the gauge in the middle, and the logo above or below the gause and re configure the vents to go arround the gauge, ( (0) ) <<< something like that, then you could be able to keep your vent, have the gauge, the logo, and a bag of chips, lol.
Wasn't that the first response?

Old 10-17-2008, 03:25 AM   #11
KenshinZero
GLS member

Now that I look at it ageain, it dose seem kind of tha same, lol oops.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 AM   #12
Oldsnut

Is there a reason you find a need to type in a large font. We are not blind and it is quite annoying.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:31 AM   #13
KenshinZero
GLS member

I like the font, and at work, the monitor is somewhat hazy, so I can’t see terribly well. I’m sorry if it annoyed people, it wasn’t my intent.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #14
mrbucket
GX Member

mrbucket is on a distinguished road
dont let anyone tell you to type in a different font type as big as you want. say stuff how you want to say it. IF YOU WANT TO SAY IT BIG SAY IT BIG!!! and yes i would hate to freeze in the mornings.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
hes in NC, so coldness, isn't a factor... (as much)

i say, get a spare center vent and give it a shot. post up the results and i'm sure a bunch of fabricators will be able to give some points as to how to give it some finishing touches, or how to do things better..etc.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #16
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
You can have both if designed correctly.

lawl, cooked gauge! yay!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
brheller
GX Member

brheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond reputebrheller has a reputation beyond repute
Like this? Did it in my audi.

Here's what I did:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/761520.phtml
brheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #18
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
I think if it was glassed in to one of the sides, then the air duct was cut off to that side, it would look and work great. Not a fan of just slapping it in there though....

I would consider it, but i already have too many gauge pods, and not enough gauges.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #19
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
hahah..

c**kpit!!!

hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post