Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 10-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
do i need wheel spacers?

i have my rims on my car and well i looked at the back rims tonight and the tire sits really close to the strut i could only fit a single book of matches on between the bottom of the strut and tire im looking to buy a set but idk what to get and i see no rubbing or feel anything off or odd anyone here have a set for my rims? 5x114.3 17x7 front ones are fine its just the back and or if not would these work? says its for a nissan altima

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25mm-1-5x114...1eb1b0&vxp=mtr

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
or would these work?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/4071792305.html

Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
You dont need spacers. You're fine. If you want spacers dont get cheap shit like those... Spacers can be risky. Your going cheap on something thats going to hold the wheel on... I would not get those at all. Also all you need is a 5x115 spacer..... Its not hard lol

Go here if you REALLY need them...

Www.motorsport-tech.com

Its going to cost about 250$ for a set of 4...

But honestly. I dont think you need them.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
You also need to worry abiut the center bore size with spacers and if your wheels have a single or dual bolt pattern... unless you want to trim the stock studs so the wheels.will fit flush... i ran into these issues with mine...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
You dont need spacers. You're fine. If you want spacers dont get cheap shit like those... Spacers can be risky. Your going cheap on something thats going to hold the wheel on... I would not get those at all. Also all you need is a 5x115 spacer..... Its not hard lol

Go here if you REALLY need them...

Www.motorsport-tech.com

Its going to cost about 250$ for a set of 4...

But honestly. I dont think you need them.
they'll be good for nothing more then the look. And if your going to do that, Roll out those fenders another couple inches, bump the wheels out a couple inches, and put that s.o.b. all the way on the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
You also need to worry abiut the center bore size with spacers and if your wheels have a single or dual bolt pattern... unless you want to trim the stock studs so the wheels.will fit flush... i ran into these issues with mine...

ask fisdad about that. buying a fancy new set of rims but the center bore was to small. be careful, take your time and dont get hasty when you order. those that sleepy posted looked pretty legit. and I have to agree, if you went with cheap ones and had a wheel fall off going down the road that couple extra bucks on some quality ones would have saved you a lot of grief.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
WIALERO
GL Member

well my wheels are on and have been on but the rim is like not even a pinky sie from inbetween the strut and the tire and right now im on lay off so i need a cheap salution lol for now till i get the 250 so thats why i asked about the craigslist one aswell

Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Post pictures of gap
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Easy solution... if you jack your car up and look at the inner portion of the tire you will see if there is any wear from it hitting your strut as the tire expands during use... if there's no wear, you will see a definite indent if there is then save your money and drive... if there is wear... put your stockers back on til you can afford the good spacers...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
What is with you and lay offs man...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Easy solution... if you jack your car up and look at the inner portion of the tire you will see if there is any wear from it hitting your strut as the tire expands during use... if there's no wear, you will see a definite indent if there is then save your money and drive... if there is wear... put your stockers back on til you can afford the good spacers...

This is how my 235s were with the offset wheel i had. Just rubbed enough to wear the lettering down on the tire, not enough for me to care.

And +1 for Motorsport Tech. They made my rotor drilling jigs (aside from the drill bushings)!
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
This is how my 235s were with the offset wheel i had. Just rubbed enough to wear the lettering down on the tire, not enough for me to care.

And +1 for Motorsport Tech. They made my rotor drilling jigs (aside from the drill bushings)!

i think thaats what mine are 235s

Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
What is with you and lay offs man...

last job i was lifting between 100 to 190 pound boxes off of semi trailors and loading them onto pallats 53 foot trailors full from floor to ceiling and i hurt my back :/ right now im just doing little things here and there till i can go back to work again been with this job a while... im prob going back to iowa this up coming summer to go back to my old job i was at for 2 years restriping highways roads airport runways and parking lots it was a fun job made 7-900 a week

Quote:
Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #13
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Post pictures of gap

i will here in 2 hours im in mil town watching my friends kid while there out nothing like driving a crappy dodge darango that burns oil up the ass...

Quote:
Old 10-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
last job i was lifting between 100 to 190 pound boxes off of semi trailors and loading them onto pallats 53 foot trailors full from floor to ceiling and i hurt my back :/ right now im just doing little things here and there till i can go back to work again been with this job a while... im prob going back to iowa this up coming summer to go back to my old job i was at for 2 years restriping highways roads airport runways and parking lots it was a fun job made 7-900 a week

Nice best of luck
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
WIALERO
GL Member

well i guess you were right i am fine i couldnt se much but now that i got it up on the lift at the shop its cleared and sitting on the ground its good but i like the idea mrmike? or who ever it was with the 18s and had 25mm wheel spacers those wheels were mean looking...

Quote:
Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #16
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

yes, it does look good with the wheels sitting flush with the outer fenders... but again, don't buy cheap stuff... spend the cash and get the good ones... save until you can afford them...
here is a shot of mine with the same 25mm/1" spacers on the rear...

Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #17
WIALERO
GL Member

hmmm i think this calls for a road trip

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

Lol... where ya headed?? It just hit me as well... keep in mind both myself and mrmike have our cars lowered... this makes it look different as well... if you're not lowered it might not look the same...
i miss my car,.. this is such Ã;-) good shot... oh well when the transformation is done she'll be sexy again

Old 10-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
WIALERO
GL Member

it would be nice to be lowered if i had 18s instead of 17s i like the look of my car it looks lowered in the front and lil high in the back and well to your house lol i want your spacers and lowering springs

Quote:

Last edited by WIALERO : 11-07-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:38 AM   #20
WIALERO
GL Member

oh and finally found me a pair of gt side panels aka door panels just have to go pick them up

Quote: