Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #221
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
How you making out Sleepy? Any scans to have a look at from where you were the other day??
Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #222
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry paul. Been a little busy. I plan on getting one today so ill report back later letting you know I sent the email!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #223
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
email sent!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #224
sleepyalero
GLS member

Paul email sent few days ago when u asked for current tune.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #225
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Found it Sleepy.... having a look now bud
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #226
sleepyalero
GLS member

Cool thanks!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #227
MMGT1
GLS member

Open your current tune, you are a little lean WOT but really close. Open your VE table under the "Airflow Tab". Highlight the bottom rt corner of the table from 4800 rpm to 6400 rpm and from 100kpa out to the 140kpa. You should have a square highlighted that is 5X5 squares. Then multiply that highlighted section by 0.985, this should land you dead nuts at 13.0:1 when WOT. Right now you are hitting 13.2 to 13.3. Not bad, but I found my best et and quarter was aiming for 13:1 plus 13:1 is very safe for these engines bud
Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #228
MMGT1
GLS member

I'd like to add, your choice in injectors was perfect! I like it, 75% at 6000RPM... Id like to see a 6400RPM shift if your willing to go that high. As long as we stay 80% or less on the Duty Cycle your good to go man!!
Old 05-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #229
sleepyalero
GLS member

My choice in injectors?? They are stock! Hahaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #230
sleepyalero
GLS member

But thanks im not near my computer atm. Ill have to make changes later. Sounds a little confusing I might be back with questions later
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #231
MMGT1
GLS member

Pretty surprised your injectors are stock! Your hitting what I was hitting % wise with 36lb ones man! If they can feed it to 6400 and stay at that 80% mark then no need to touch them. That's a good thing man, money you don't need to spend...lol
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 AM   #232
sleepyalero
GLS member

Havent touched the tune yet. I may just mess with it tomorrow at work and do a scan on the way home if I can figure out the new adjustment you want. Will I need maf unplugged again?

Also. The car is still stock motor. It has 204k miles on it (including injectors) is 6400 rpm a safe thing to do? I was a little worried going to 6000 when you first told me to just because I have never had it that high before. I always steered away from the red on the tach hahaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-27-2014, 07:07 AM   #233
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay paul, at work and just made the adjustment to the tune, ill get a scan on my way home from work!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-27-2014, 01:47 PM   #234
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay paul, did a scan on my way home. few things for you..... after I type this out, I will shoot it over to ya via email.

anyway,

1. I did one high rpm pull for you, ended up around 6327 rpm.... after I went over 6150-6250 ish... somewhere in that range. the car kind of kicked... like idk how to explain this umm... it kinda of studdered. like you hear it vrrrooooooommmmmm then kinda studdered then would be a steady increase again then studder (studdered like twice once over that rpm range) but before that was fine, and after the pull was fine at 6k or under. I assume the injectors didn't like it?? lol

2. ive noticed a big decrease in my delivered trans tq. does the maf being unplugged play a part in this? the hot weather? its a humid 85 degrees here. previous scans (maf plugged in) I saw as high as 242 ft lbs IIRC. recently I have been seeing a max of 232 rarely but more in the 210-225 range... just curious on that.

also I had the maf unplugged for this scan. shooting it over..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #235
MMGT1
GLS member

Now its making sense man, being stock do not exceed 6200 RPM MAX... Going to look at your scan, and if you were overfueling before, ie: Too Rich, that will give false high Tq numbers. Since your fuel is more in line to where it should be now, your going to see lower reported tq numbers, and in actuality, more of what you would expect to see on a dyno
Old 05-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #236
MMGT1
GLS member

don't see your e-mail here either... wanna re-send?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #237
sleepyalero
GLS member

Okay paul. And yeah I will re send here in a few!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #238
sleepyalero
GLS member

sorry for the delay paul, just resent the email
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #239
MMGT1
GLS member

Got your e-mail and replied...
Old 05-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #240
sleepyalero
GLS member

Thanks paul. Will scan tomorrow or fri night.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: