Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
MAHendersonDayton

I need some advice on where to order Turbo Kits?

Thanks
Old 09-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.turbochargedpower.com/99-04%20Grand%20Am.htm

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?fc...m&initemuid=591

or pm user GERM for a possible better price on a similar kit.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
What I wouldn't give for that 284 ft/lbs @ the wheels...

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
turbo "kits" are crap... if you want a little extra boost then go for it but if you want performance or the ability to upgrade... don't do the "kit"... build it.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by natedawg9640@Sep 23 2005, 06:16 PM
turbo "kits" are crap... if you want a little extra boost then go for it but if you want performance or the ability to upgrade... don't do the "kit"... build it.

that is not true at all, it depends entirely on the individual company
Old 09-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #6
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Quote:
Originally posted by MAHendersonDayton@Sep 23 2005, 11:12 AM
I need some advice on where to order Turbo Kits?

Thanks

Here you go.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #7
SilverBullet256

SilverBullet256 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to SilverBullet256
darnit dude, you beat me to it, i was gonna tell him about donkey punch performance
Old 09-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #8
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
germ is a great guy, ive worked with him, he p&p my u & l im, put on ls1 valve springs and knife edged my throttle body. the difference is amazing and his work and craftsmanship are incredible, if you are going to spend money on parts for your car that he makes, buy them from him you wont be dissapointed.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

and that backs up my speech about how turbo "kits" are crap

Old 09-24-2005, 09:11 PM   #10
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by natedawg9640@Sep 24 2005, 11:23 AM
and that backs up my speech about how turbo "kits" are crap

would you care to explain, because surely your not calling my products crap?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:13 PM   #11
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like he meant mass produced kits are crap, and alerored's expirience with you and donkeypunch proves that other MASS produced kits are in fact crap.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #12
SilverBullet256

i went to the track today and man i have to admit, every penny i have now is going towards me builduing my kit, im in the process of buying the main parts, then to put the small pieces together and install, it, then im going back to the track
Old 09-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #13
germ

i gotcha now.

i was surely hopeing that he wasnt refering to donkey punch. we are not out to make tons of money, our prices reflect that, however, we dont make them in advance and we do them one at a time and put a lot of time and effort into each "kit".

they are not the "pretty" mass produced kits that is provided by others, but ours works, and works pretty damn well if i say so myself, lol.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:53 PM   #14
gutlesschimp

hey guys if i bought this the stage one kit from donkey punch what else would i need...ecu maybe....???

link

http://www.donkeypunchperformance.com/stor...products_id=202
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

No Germ i'm not callin your stuff bad... actually i commend your stuff... that's what i'm saying... don't go with one of those mass produced kits because they don't do enough... they aren't worth the money... if you are gonna turbocharge a vehicle make it worth it... it doesn't have to be pretty... it has to work... and it has to work well... i welded the intercooler piping into the Z24 we did.... i moved the shift bracket... i modifyed the intake and the blowoff flange... i modifyed the oil return flange and the wastegate... why did i do all that? casue it wasn't a kit... so it needed a little work and was a little more time consuming... but my freind is getting DOUBLE what those "kits" put out.... he hasn't had it on a dyno yet casue he is still tuning his feul controller and stuff but i'd say from the looks of it our work paid off and the mass produced "kits" that peak at 6 or 9 psi or whatever they're doing suck ass... he built the engine to take as much as he wants... even got a group buy for some 3ply metal gaskets off j-body so when it's ready he plans on feeding it 17 for daily driving and 25 at the track... we'll see how that works out.... he has 5,000$ into but that includes the fuel pump, dual fans, 3 guages, apexi fuel controller, forged pistons rods... new engine... exhaust, turbo components, and a few other things... so for the money i think he did good. better than a lot out there... mad props to you for doing it yourself too... it's not an easy thing to do

Old 09-26-2005, 12:59 AM   #16
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by gutlesschimp@Sep 25 2005, 09:53 PM
hey guys if i bought this the stage one kit from donkey punch what else would i need...ecu maybe....???

link

http://www.donkeypunchperformance.com/stor...products_id=202

you wouldnt need anything extra, just install it basically
Old 10-28-2005, 12:05 AM   #17
Hotel Kilo

Hey, i know its been a little while since the last post, but i just started looking into this.

How hard is it to install one of your kits germ? Like i was wondering if it was easy enough to do over a weekend with the right tools, or is it better to get it done professional? Also about how much WHP does the stage 3 kit put out? And i noticed that the kit from Turbo Charged Power came with headers, does the donkey punch kit come with headers or is that something else i should get separately? I really am liking the sound of the kit being made with more time put in, i just wanted to know a little more information before putting a lot of money into it.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Hotel Kilo@Oct 27 2005, 10:05 PM
Hey, i know its been a little while since the last post, but i just started looking into this.

How hard is it to install one of your kits germ? Like i was wondering if it was easy enough to do over a weekend with the right tools, or is it better to get it done professional? Also about how much WHP does the stage 3 kit put out? And i noticed that the kit from Turbo Charged Power came with headers, does the donkey punch kit come with headers or is that something else i should get separately? I really am liking the sound of the kit being made with more time put in, i just wanted to know a little more information before putting a lot of money into it.

i have tubular turbo headers for sale and you then you can piece together the rest to push as much boost as you want, or at least as much as teh engine can handle.......
Old 10-28-2005, 08:42 AM   #19
germ

yes, our kits come with log style turbo headers.

you can expect close to 300 whp on the level 3 kit, which is about 360 crank hp

basically, you can check out our store and forums and find out all the info you need about the kits and specs.

and on a side note...

hahahaha, sorry, i had to laugh @ tubo-alero for a second, i thought you were actually going to turbo the alero finally, or did you finally realize its not as easy as you thought it would be.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #20
SilverBullet256

no hes selling the alero, so theres no point in turbo-ing it when hes just gonna turn around and sell it