Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
VCguy85
V.I.P. Member

VCguy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to VCguy85
Ok, everything seems to be happening at once and its really bringing me down.

When I'm driving on the expressway (70-80 mph) sometimes i'll feel a suttle kick from the engine, and sometimes the SES light will come on and sometimes it wont. But after I get off the expressway and I slow to a stop, The next time i accelerate I feel a really hard and noticable kick from the tranny every time It change gears.
It's not something I can show any mechanic, because it doesnt happen all the time and all I can do is tell them what happens, and they don't do anything abut it.

Any suggestions?

also, my blinker only works when it wants to, unless i smack the hazzard light real hard, (thats just a replacable piece i think)

and my far left knob on my temperature control is not working, the one that you control how much ac/heat is being pushed out. Every other button and knob works except that one.

sigh.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Your blinker is probably under a recall. Call a dealership with your vin number and ask them if it's covered.
The air problem is from a burnt blower motor resistor. They cost about $20 and you have to be very flexible to change it but it's minor.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
Can you get to an Autozone or a dealer when the light is on? Does it stay on until you shut the car off? The best way to know what it is is probably that light. Get it scanned if you can. Don't shut off the car. Drive with your extra key for a while so you can lock it running and get someone to scan it.

And, like ^ he said, the other two are pretty minor and fixable. Frustrating, yes, but no biggie. Search for "hazard recall" and "blower resistor" on the forum and you'll find lots of info.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i dont think the light has to be on for them to read the code. arent the thrown codes stored somewhere? pcm maybe? i dunno. i do know that when my ignition was going they didnt need to have the security light on to read the code.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
It depends on the code. You can for sure get it when it's lit up. But without a light, a dealer is more likely to rooster you around a charge you for their time, and I'm not sure if Autozone's tech2 will be able to read a stored code.

You can always try if you have time or have a dealer/mechanic who'll scan it for free.