Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #61
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
haha i totally forgot about sedan/coupe, even if my sideskirts dont fit from the OSV on my sedan ill just sell them to someone on here.

my kit is a POS haha, ill repair it to the best of my ability before i sell it though, just a few cracks nothing major shouldnt be as hard as glassing door panels lol
The sides are the same size.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #62
Oldsnut

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdygls View Post
I'm strongly interested in the spoiler only...due to the fact I already have a bodykit. If I can unload my AAS kit I may be interested in this as a replacement.

But I may have to put this on the back burner altogether due to a supercharger.

I'll keep you updated Andy.
Just PM me if you decide to run with one or both of them Randy.

Will the S/C be on by the time ASS rolls around?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #63
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
hehe whatever if this does really go through, ill have a full aas for sale for around $400

I shaved my balls for this?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:24 AM   #64
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
Just PM me if you decide to run with one or both of them Randy.

Will the S/C be on by the time ASS rolls around?

I believe the wife has given the OK for the spoiler, I'll double check tonight.

The S/C will be ready for this spring if I get all my gifts, and if I can twist Gregg's arm for a free weekend to help me install.

Chapter Member
Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #65
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
just my own personal opinion....... but i wouldnt trust that powerlifter dude for shit....... how long has he been "working" on this?

atleast with marc....... well lost of people knew marc. this is some random dude.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #66
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
sedan please, i am in.

i need new paint anyways.

just think, a couple months ago i had no idea what osv was, now, we will have some.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #67
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by black View Post
sedan please, i am in.

i need new paint anyways.

just think, a couple months ago i had no idea what osv was, now, we will have some.
There is no difference wether it is a sedan or coupe, all the same.

Do you want the spoiler also??

Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #68
Oldsnut

Of these guys, who wants the body kit + spoiler?
Oldsnut-------Yes
Oldsman------Yes
Silentalero
paulyb
Satsuriku
Zol
nickbain
Gr1m---------Yes
hok666-------Yes
Tnalero99----Yes
Black---------Yes

We're at 11,

Last edited by Oldsnut : 12-12-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #69
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
one question, i dont wanna crap up the thread, but will this kit be available after yours are made??? so i can just call the place or email them and ask them to make me one? I saw u said it will cost like 900 if we dont buy now, but are they always going to have them available?

Thanks!

Depends on if someone buys the rights to the kit and the molds, if they do they can do whatever the want with them. They could sell more kits on the open market or crush the molds. The rights and molds would cost $9200. I could find better ways to spend that money, like on a Alero coupe purchase to place the kit on.

If nobody buys them, bodykits can keep selling them at a much higher price. They told me it would retail at $900 just for the kit, I didn't ask about the spoiler. If they have trouble selling them, they may discontinue the sale of the kit and destroy the molds.

I was talking with Scot last night and he brought up a valid point. If one of us has the kit and got into an accident, it would be nice to have a place to go for a replacement piece.

Last edited by Oldsnut : 12-12-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #70
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Don't forget to add $80-$150 shipping depending on where you live in the good Ol USA.

I am aware of the shipping and will add that to my stash. So what type of muffler or exhaust should we go with when we get the kit. That was a question that I forgot about before, but thats ok Im sure I could get a custom exhaust put on the 2dr ho when I find one Im currently not looking because I would need the money to buy a 2dr ho. Im still on the buy and just to confirm kit plus spoiler correct?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #71
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
spoiler also please.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #72
hok666
GLS member

how do you think it would cost me to get the kit painted? or have of you help me?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #73
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
how do you think it would cost me to get the kit painted? or have of you help me?

It'll take sanding, filling, materials and paint...depending on where you take it and their price per hour, how much time they put into it and various other factors it will depend. My bodykit cost me $1000 to get fitted and painted. It will be less the better the kit fits and quality these guys put into it.

Chapter Member
Old 12-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #74
Oldsnut

Quote:
I am aware of the shipping and will add that to my stash. So what type of muffler or exhaust should we go with when we get the kit. That was a question that I forgot about before, but thats ok Im sure I could get a custom exhaust put on the 2dr ho when I find one Im currently not looking because I would need the money to buy a 2dr ho. Im still on the buy and just to confirm kit plus spoiler correct?
Got you down for both the kit and spoiler. The exhaust would be your personal choice, but OSV was a Borla system.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #75
Oldsnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by black View Post
spoiler also please.
Done....

Old 12-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #76
Oldsnut

Of these guys, who wants the body kit + spoiler?
Oldsnut-------Yes
Oldsman------Yes
Silentalero
paulyb
Satsuriku
Zol
nickbain
Gr1m---------Yes
hok666-------Yes
Tnalero99----Yes
Black---------Yes

We're at 11,

Old 12-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #77
hok666
GLS member

Quote:
Got you down for both the kit and spoiler. The exhaust would be your personal choice, but OSV was a Borla system.

Cool. As far as the exhaust um I have know Idea of how to do it at least not yet if I were to do my own would I need a mig welder to weld the muffler to the pipe? And I would like to go with borla that would be, coo..
Old 12-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #78
Oldsnut

Quote:
Cool. As far as the exhaust um I have know Idea of how to do it at least not yet if I were to do my own would I need a mig welder to weld the muffler to the pipe? And I would like to go with borla that would be, coo..
If you don't know how to do exhaust, just have it done custom at a shop, but shop around for price. Unless you will have a long term use for a welder, it doesn't seem worth it financially to purchase one and would drive up your cost to put an exhaust on your ho.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #79
hok666
GLS member

I should have a mig welder by spring or summer. Im going to start a metal working business. I could even make the custom exhaust tips to. You got dimensions?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #80
Oldsnut

Quote:
I should have a mig welder by spring or summer. Im going to start a metal working business. I could even make the custom exhaust tips to. You got dimensions?
I do not have the exact dimensions for them, Scot may have a picture of the OSV car tip with a measuring tape held up to it.
Scot and Cliff are looking into someone custom making the tips for the group.

I would wait to make one until you get the kit to make sure it is an exact fit. It would be good practice for you though.

Closed Thread