Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "r53silver91s"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("r53silver91s")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: Off of a guy from www.grandamgt.com

Cost/Shipping: Gave me a good deal, and his dad drove them to my house.

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: N/A

Initial product impressions, quality: Excellent Condition
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None but you don't need them, bolts right up to where the stock exhaust was.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Easy
If not self installed, cost of installation:

Performance, appearance opinions: I only had it on for about 10mins so I will post more about the performance later. Appearance is awesome IMO.

Any other thoughts about the product: Just what I was looking for. It sounds better than the stock exhaust but it is very quiet especially at higher RPM's. At lower RPM's there is some cabin noise but not much at all. I have a 1 yr old and another on the way so I wanted something that was quiet and for performance and apperance not sound.[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "alerov6"@
got any pics, does it look like the borla exhaust for the alero?

<!--QuoteBegin-"r53silver91s"

Yeah, it is the same, but instead of having a single outlet it has dual outlets, you can see it at www.pfyc.com in the grand am section under exhaust.[/quote]
Old 07-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
Grouch

Quote: lancemiller

Store/Site purchased: Summit Racing
Cost/Shipping: $639.33
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Ordered online. Received in like two days. Great service.

Initial product impressions, quality: Nice Mandrel bent pipe. Very well packaged. Plus a sticker for your sticker book.
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: OK, I guess.
If not self installed, cost of installation: $65.00 at a local shop.

Performance, appearance opinions: Nice sound. Not ricey. There definitly is an increase in performance. Not the kind that will throw you back in your seat, but better acceraltion and and cruising. I don't think it makes a difference in fuel mileage, if so very minor.
Any other thoughts about the product: Just what I was looking for. Would have went with SLP, but I didn't want to cut the bumper and I don't really care for any of the bodykits that offer dual exits. A little pricey, but thats what happens when you have a car that nobody makes aftermarket parts for.
Also, this kit is being discontinued, Summit may still have some and I think Parts for your car does as well.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Can this sytem be installed with the dual tips and NOT have to cut out the other side?
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
nope. gotta cut it out. or like some guys are doing, you can heat it up and bend it. then you gotta get it repainted.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #5
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
I got my borla cat back on about 2 weeks ago.....

got it from steve(nosweat83)

cost was around 440$ shipped? something like that

excellent condition, he said it only had about 1500 miles on it...

hardly a difference in sound, you can def hear it when you start it up and when you are in lower rpms.... VERY VERY VERYYYYY quiet when in higher rpms....

with my aem short ram, i DID notice a difference in fuel.... im getting 300 to a tank now!!! AND thats with flooring it alot lol..

Another thing that i noticed, is that my engine runs a little bit cooler now.....

Another thing, i noticed was that i get a lil bit better acceleration, and that i can cruise faster at a lower rpm than usual....

installation was cake, it bolts straight up to where the original exhaust was
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote