Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #21
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
It was a buried 55 gallon drum that was sticking out of the ground, hit it and went vertical and sled almost crashed on me. It would have been merciful at the time, when I landed it was not good, thought I broke my back.
Back on topic.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #22
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
It was a buried 55 gallon drum that was sticking out of the ground, hit it and went vertical and sled almost crashed on me. It would have been merciful at the time, when I landed it was not good, thought I broke my back.
Back on topic.

That's not the snowmobile's fault though... but I understand not wanting to try it again. If you buy a set of these. You must do a review on them. I'm interested in them, but don't want to shell out the $150 for them if they are not going to make any difference.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #23
Pacho

5 months old but has anyone tried these yet? i'm still curious as to if they're worth the money or not
Old 03-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #24
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
pacho they came out with a new line they are ididiums and lowers the price 12.99 i bought them i will be installing wensday and posting results!!! i wasnt going to buy them but a few sceptics out there posed their dyno results before and after and i think the smallest gain was 5hp so ill post as soon as i get them in. you gotta disconnect battery and run it for a full tank aprently so we will see
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #25
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
iron... check the dates....
Old 03-27-2011, 02:42 AM   #26
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
iron... check the dates....

Why does it matter? I would like to see what people have to say about them..... since nobody posted a review.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:50 AM   #27
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
you gotta disconnect battery and run it for a full tank aprently so we will see

Why? That doesn't make any sense at all? We're been over this 1000x on the site. New "fantastic" spark plugs don't do anything but produce spark and can't do anything more than the old coppers did 20yrs ago. They can't increase your HP unless your car is seriously modded and sorely lacking in spark.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #28
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
And that brings up the question: what makes a car lagging in spark?

I thought there was a thread devoted to this as well and the conclusion was that the generic stocks will do what any other gimmicked product will do. I am always interested to see what is new and exciting out there though. When I get my tune, I will be asking the same questions to see what little bit helps. A little bit here and there does add up.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 AM   #29
irondiezl3
GLS member

cher i know im not expecting anything alls i know is ive read hundreds of posts literally on the web and seen people personally take the time to dyno their cars to do before and after and seen results. and as far as the battery thing i dont know the technicality behind it has something to do with the compter the manufacturer claims. i pay 12.99 for the plugs i use anyway so i dont have a problem trying these out.

and i say yes we have been over spark plugs probably letirally as many time as u said but i think its fair to say this is a little different and its worth a shot as is any new product. theres alot of buzzz lots of questions im sick of wondering so lets see what happens no harm done its not alot of money.

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 03-27-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
As an Electrical Engineer I'm curious to know how they pull off this 'magic'. The same amount of energy is going into any given spark plug so how can 'more' be coming out of the tip? I upgraded to MSD components, this I understand...
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #31
Pacho

haha almost 3 yrs since that post..still want to see results so post up today iron after install
Old 04-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #32
irondiezl3
GLS member

there is no question increased gas milage tested it 3 times. i gained 4mpg to me thats awesome. as far as more power i dont see or feel it at all so deff more for the mileage improvement
Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #33
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
very cool. Did you keep all your driving the same as you did before?
Old 04-15-2011, 11:51 AM   #34
irondiezl3
GLS member

no its the same routine i was kinda surprised i thought the effect of these would be opposite. id say yes 12.99 is alot for a plug but with such a improvement its worth it and the plugs i took out were delcos and a year old
Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #35
cherrington17
Gone

the logic doesn't make sense as to why your mpg would change. Its not like your car is magically more aerodynamic, has more air coming into it, getting better traction, using less gas....etc

OR.. your mpg could have changed because we just went from ball shrinkingly cold air to slightly warmer spring air, and the plugs barely did anything different from the last ones.

My mpg went from 22-24 highway to 25-27 by changing my tires. Coincidentally, it was also done on the same weekend I changed from my winter tires. Do tires make THAT much of a difference? No. Air temp does!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #36
irondiezl3
GLS member

cher u have never been wrong with advice for me but im sorry this time you are go buy them try them and if they dont increase your mpg return them. trust me you wont after you see.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #37
cherrington17
Gone

If someone could give me a good sound reason as to why this could be possible, other than "my MPG went up because they are so awesome it had to" then I would go buy a set and have them in my car tomorrow. MPG is a HUGE deal to me. But I'm not going to buy snake oil without concrete proof that it works.

And simply put, there are too many confounding variables in your testimony to make me believe its possible.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #38
irondiezl3
GLS member

ok ill pay for half just to prove my point
Old 04-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #39
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Hmm...just playing devil's advocate but if the plugs spark more efficiently and in a more timely manner, doesn't that equate to a more efficient running engine creating less waste (or gas usage otherwise)?

Also, switching tires I would be more interested to see the difference in the tire pressure of each. My car gets better MPG in milder climates because i am not running it extra or warm it up, or running the AC to keep it cool. Less peripherals, less power draw, more efficiency. However, you can gain a couple mpg just by ensuring your tires are properly inflated.

Does that mean these plugs are the tits? Who knows...you may have just needed a newer fresh set of plugs in case one of the million things happened to the other set. In any case, I will bite and give it a shot next go around just for the fun of it.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #40
irondiezl3
GLS member

when you do record the mpg like i did to silence the skeptics please