Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-24-2003, 10:42 PM   #1
akhanf

Can someone post a step-by-step on how to get at the rear speakers in a 2000 Alero?

Thanks!

Ali
Old 11-24-2003, 10:57 PM   #2
Oldz Alero

Sorry Ali for invading your thread, but also could someone tell me if you can get the stock amplifier in the 2001 to work with aftermarket speakers. I think i blew one of my stock 6 x 9's and i was wondering if the amp could power aftermarket speakers sucessfully.

I figured since you were on the subject of rear speakers maybe you guys could kill two birds with one stone.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:46 PM   #3
akhanf

As long as the impedance of the stock speaker is the same as the aftermarket, then there shouldn't be a problem. I know my stock rears are 8 ohm, but I don't have the monsoon system (it will probably be labelled on the magnet). Most aftermarkets are 4 ohm.

Ali
Old 11-25-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
99blackalero

i'll do my best to explain how i did it:

-put both rear seats down
-start by removing the remaining supports by removing the bolts (one on each side), you have to pry up the bottom of them to see them, once the bolts are out pull towards you and twist the left one counter-clockwise to remove it and clockwise for the other one.
-once you've done this, you have to remove the plastic at the top of the opening into the trunk by removing the plastic clips, careful not to break them, should be 4 of them
- after that, you can remove the two pillars along the rear windshield, they're just held on by clips so be careful when you're prying the off
- when all this is done, you should be able to pry off the rear deck with minimal difficulty, just pry up and pull towards you if i remember correctly.
- the rear speakers are held in by a bracket with clips so they aren't too hard to remove

hope this helped
Old 11-26-2003, 10:09 PM   #5
akhanf

Thanks!

Now I can see that my new infinity 6x9s won't fit without cutting a bigger hole..
Old 11-26-2003, 10:13 PM   #6
99blackalero

i have the infinity kappa's and i had to cut a bigger hole too
Old 01-24-2004, 04:58 PM   #7
wy3134

where is the stock amplifier located at in the 2002 alero would anyone know? drop me an email at wy3134@aol.com if you can help me out.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:11 PM   #8
Final-Reality

The amps in all alero's are located on the drivers side of the trunk, up near the top, just pull back the carpeting at the top of the trunk on the drivers side and you'll see it in there, it's very tiny.. :P

Also, I second somebody figuring an easy way to hook up the stock amp to aftermarket speakers... I want mine to hit as hard as the factory ones, and they don't with just the HU powering them
Old 01-25-2004, 01:41 PM   #9
wy3134

Consider it under way to find a way to make the damn thing work. I have oodles of time on the weekends here at college so I will try my best to find a way to make that piece of junk work. If not I may replace the stupid thing with something that will work. Since I added my subs and aftermarket radio, i get no base outta the stock system when i turn the subs off, so it sucks ass. Guess I should just go ahead and get rid of the stock system altogether.