Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
adjennin
GX Member

adjennin is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I cleared my corners and they look great. Except for i got some glue on the inner bezel of the passenger side light and had to get it out and scratched up the chrome. You can't really tell when looking at it unless you look very carefully. Its bugging me though so I am goign to tear it apart and get some chrome paint to redo the bezel. Anyone have any paint advice? Anyone ever try adding a tint to the chrome or anything fancy?
adjennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #2
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
What color is your car? Because I think that if you're gonna tear apart your headlights with the intent to paint the bezels, then I suggest that you find some paint that matches your paint scheme, and go for it ! A matching headlight looks sweet IMO, and I hope both you AND N8tureboy take my advise. B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
adjennin
GX Member

My car is white. I am will probably paint the outer bezel white to match. I was wondering what is a good chrome paint for the inner bezel where the damage is. It is a plastic piece so it would have to be something that adheres to plastic well and not vulnerable to high heat from the bulb. Anyone have any good experiences with chrome paints?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
Sportalero

personally, i would skip the process of trying to"repair" the inner chrome because if a faint scratch is bothering you, then putting paint "on top" of it won't make you feel any better. Plus, it gets very hot around that bulb, and i don't think they have a chrome paint that weathers well at that high a temperature. If it did, everyone would chrome paint everything under their hood, but the heat would kill it shortly afterwards, thus "chrome-plating". Go to a junk yard and buy another passenger headlight for 20 bux.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:18 AM   #5
mobs241

only way to repair the "reflection" chrome is to get another reflector assembly, there is no paint that will reflect the way it should. you put paint on top of it, and your headlights will suck.

have to think the light is supposed to reflect off of that..
i would just let it go. i fubared one of my reflectors up when i cleared my corner by using a ammonia based glass cleaner on it.. oops, but like you said you can barely tell so if someone wants to look at them i just turn the lights on haha and you cant see it
Old 10-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #6
'04 aler-ho

you could try a mylar or monokote from r/c airplanes. the monokote would probably be better and is chrome. not a silver trying to look chrome. and for the bezels white does look pretty good
Old 10-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #7
'04 aler-ho

how do you post pics
Old 10-05-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
adjennin
GX Member

I will have to look into that. Does monokote just go on with adhesive or do you apply heat to make it bond?
Old 10-05-2004, 10:13 PM   #9
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
MonoKote's superior shrink and adhesion make it the easiest plastic covering to apply. And once applied, its special adhesive gets a grip that not even years of accumulated exhaust residue can break

FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:58 PM   #10
1WhiteOSV

paint it BLACK..it'll look better....here's mine....
Old 10-05-2004, 11:59 PM   #11
1WhiteOSV

here's a closer shot..
Old 10-06-2004, 12:01 AM   #12
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i think he was talking about the chrome on the inside, not the bezel.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 AM   #13
1WhiteOSV

ahhhhhhhhhhhh....you's a smart thinker :thumbsup: well if that's the case..then go w/ whatever anyone else said because I have no idea lol