Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #1
Pacho

Topic.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:23 AM   #2
vodkaslut85

You can add nitrice to a supercharged engine but not through the supercharger. I suggest a ZEX system because their engine managment system will keep the alero's engine from blowing it's self to bits. If I'm thinking correctly, you the nitirice is injected through the fuel injection...but NOS for purging is even more cool, I'm thinkin' about setting up a purge in my car, with no actual wiring to my engine, just to the exhaust.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:30 AM   #3
Pacho

Like in 2 fast 2 furious, what kind of kit was that that bryan was spraying in the Nissan when he was pulling up to the first race with Luda in it.
Is that what you're talking about?
Old 04-27-2004, 12:59 AM   #4
StealthAlero

^^^ Ohh that was good, referring to the Fast and Furious.

Anyways, are you talking about purge valves, you want to be able to spray it? Purge valves are just a way to bleed the lines of any nitrous left over from use before. Therefore you get a stronger hit.

Yes nitrous can be used with turbo or supercharger applications, most Nitrous sites like zex or nitrous express or N.O.S. should have a F&Q section that talks more in detail about that.

I know NX also has a kit that sprays directly into your Intercooler, if you want to go that route.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:11 AM   #5
vodkaslut85

no, the Zex purge kit I had was completely independent of the engine...it sent a thin mist of nitrice to the exhaust right before the final bend...it's deferent per exhaust because in my camaro I had a long straight exhaust and shorter with a cross pipe connecting both...I'll have to make a diagram to explain it, but basically the timing was off for a split second. Or if you want to do a cheap purge, get a pair of spark plugs, get a super conducting piece of metal, weld the metal to the bottom of the pipe inside, connect the spark plugs to wiring and set up a swtich inside the car, exhaust is flamable and when the spark plug starts clicking, it'll ignite the exhaust and bam, you've got a purge, but you have a chance of frying your entire exhaust system that way :o
Old 04-27-2004, 02:50 AM   #6
flalero

Oh boy, time to save the lost. A nitrous purge does not go through your exhaust. It comes out of somewhere in the front of the car, wherever you want it. It is designed, as stated earlier, to rid the NOS lines of any "old" nitrous, giving you a better shot of fresh nitrous. Those kits that shoot flame out of the tailpipe use a fuel line and spark plugs. Exhaust is not flammable, try holding a lighter up to it, it will not light. Those flamethrowers inject a very fine mist of gas into the tailpipe, which is then ignited by the spark/igniter plug.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:45 PM   #7
StealthAlero

Ohh man.....

I quit, this topic is getting way 2 Fast and Furious for me.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Yeah, I have the zex kit as well, mind that its not installed... but the purge kit lets you get rid of old nitrous that is stale.

For the fast & furious references, you will certainly remember when Brian pulled up in his skyline and it was snorting gas.... well, that is what a purge kit does.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote