Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-13-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
edockweb

Hey everyone. Im ordering an MSD Soft Touch Rev Control, and i was wondering whats the maximum that our 3400 engines can handle. I was thiking about going to 7k. Right now the only mods I have on the engine are NGK Iridium Plugs, MSD 8.5 mm wires, and a upgraded fuel pressure regulator set at 44 psi. If someone could help, or has any commments it would be awsome. Thanx, hope to hear from you soon.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #2
Blackrider

Keep it at 6 grand. honestly with the amount of Valve Float the 3400 has up top and the cam its kindof usless to rev it out higher. Maby if you upgrade your springs bump it up to 6300 7 grand is pushing it, the engine itself is pretty solid and will go past 7 but the Rod bolts and studs are the weak point.

And i hope you know Changing the rev Limiter will not change your shift points. you need a DHP reprogram for that.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:07 PM   #3
edockweb

Thanx, what does the stock engine rev to? and has anyone tried the ase chip?
Old 04-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #4
Final-Reality

Don't waste your time revving your stock engine past the stock rev limiter, big shooter
Old 04-13-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
Blackrider

Quote:
Originally posted by edockweb@Apr 14 2004, 12:07 AM
Thanx, what does the stock engine rev to? and has anyone tried the ase chip?
Stock Fuel cutoff is 6000, stock shift points are around 5800. ASE= Crap. http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/contact.htm
Old 04-13-2004, 11:54 PM   #6
edockweb

Thanx Blackrider, you've been alot of help for me. hopefully youll be able to help me with some other decisions ill be making soon for my car.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:19 AM   #7
Blackrider

Quote:
Originally posted by edockweb@Apr 14 2004, 03:54 AM
Thanx Blackrider, you've been alot of help for me. hopefully youll be able to help me with some other decisions ill be making soon for my car.
I do my best
Old 04-23-2004, 11:04 AM   #8
2000NavyAleroGLS

Really you don't want to go past redline anyhow. The engine stops making its power a ways before that. Usually if you are going past your max horsepower rpm your already losing power. So it is just a waste of time going past and putting unecessary stress on the engine.
Old 04-23-2004, 11:05 AM   #9
2000NavyAleroGLS

THe reason you lose power is because it can't suck in enough air-fuel at that rpm. In case you didn't know.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:57 PM   #10
Blackrider

You start losing power because of Valve Float witch our engine had a problem with stock, Changing the springs will let you get some more out of your top end, but yes you are right The engines ability to intake air/fuel will in the end cause power loss up top.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:48 AM   #11
Final-Reality

Quote:
the engine can't suck in enough air at that RPM
:rolleyes:

Again like I already said, it's the cam profile... yes the valves float probably around 6000rpm but that's easy enough to remedy... after that you need a more aggressive cam grind with higher lift and more duration... and some cylinder head porting to go along with your new cam grind..
Old 04-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #12
Blackrider

Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality@Apr 25 2004, 03:48 PM
Quote:
the engine can't suck in enough air at that RPM
:rolleyes:

Again like I already said, it's the cam profile... yes the valves float probably around 6000rpm but that's easy enough to remedy... after that you need a more aggressive cam grind with higher lift and more duration... and some cylinder head porting to go along with your new cam grind..
Yeah I think thats a given.