Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
ALero rulez

Is there a way to change the back spark plugs without taking it a shop?
Old 04-14-2004, 12:01 PM   #2
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
do a search, someone just posted a "how to" about this.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Blackrider

Remove spark plug boot take a spark plug socket extention and rachet and change them that way its really not that hard.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
dadirtybulldog

/\/\ yeah waht he said... it's really not that hard... let me suggest a haynes manual... they really help :thumbsup:
Old 04-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #5
bigd6983

yea i just posted a how to and no it aint that easy and the haynes manual dont work too much. just check out the post and if u have any questions reply on the post, i check the site as often as i can
Old 04-14-2004, 10:38 PM   #6
dadirtybulldog

/\/\ the haynes maual has helped me alot.... i guess working on cars all the time makes some things seem easy.....???......
Old 04-15-2004, 01:41 AM   #7
StealthAlero

Your going to need your own set of socket wrenches and extensions with a spark plug socket piece. It may take a while, because all those wires are in the way, but be careful you untwist straight, don't break any. Its all about having the proper tools.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #8
dadirtybulldog

i agree with stealth... it's about having the proper tools... and patience
Old 04-15-2004, 11:58 PM   #9
bigd6983

yep, right tools, patience is a must, most the time things dont always go smoothly as long as you keep your cool and dont start throwing things around like i do, ull b cool
Old 04-16-2004, 01:12 PM   #10
Blackrider

Whats patience got to do with it lol it should only take 5 min on the frount bank and 15 on the rear.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:49 PM   #11
AleroAngel83

I'm 100% with BigD on this one... when I changed mine (the ones on the back), I thought it was going to be a snap, but noooooo... tools kept slipping, wires broke and the boots were stuck on the plugs, snapped a new plug trying to put it in... worst thing EVER. But, if you have any questions that aren't in the how-to, just post 'em!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:58 AM   #12
Blackrider

I dont understand by people have such a hard time with them, i find them to be super easy, you just have to be able to see with your Hands
Old 04-17-2004, 01:19 PM   #13
bigd6983

The problem isnt seeing with your hands, I know exactly where they are, the problem is if people have not taken the right steps in the past, like grease on the plugs so the boots come off easy, it is so much of a pain. I was pulling so hard on the boot my engine was torqing, thats how hard they were on there, after spending 30-45 at different angles, pulling as hard as i could i started pulling on the wire, ripped that out. then went for the plug, came out very easy but they clip that sits on the plug remained on there so i had to get something in there clamp onto the metal to get it off the plug, another 20-30 minutes. after i got all that done, took me another 30 minutes for the other 2. trust me i know spark plugs are easy, i took out and replaced the front ones, in like 3 minutes literally. but the back was NOT as easy