Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Check your oil filter BEFORE you buy it

I met up with my mom this morning (thursday) to buy paint for her bathroom, one of my many project next week while I'm on vacation. I take notice that she's colse to the oil change date on her Cavalier. So I say we have to go to the other plaza to go to Walmart and buy oil (I know as anti Walmart that I am, I do buy my motor oil there)

Anyway, we are in the store and we get to the auto section, I start to pick the 4 quarts off the shelf and I said to my mom. "we shoulda got a cart" so she said that she'll go get one and I when over to look at the oil filters.

I ALWAYS check the rubber ring on the filter. I got a few bad Nissan ones from the dealership for the ex wifes car (when we were still together, in fact the quality of the Nissan filters was so bad, I speical ordered the ACDelco filters for her car)

I open the box, the rubber ring was fine, BUT THERE WAS OIL IN THE FILTER!!! just a little bit, but enough to tell that it was a USED filter!!! So I check the next one, WHICH ALSO HAS OIL IN IT. Checked a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and an 8th and guess what, yup they all had traces on oil.

I couldn't beileve it!! One is bad enough, but 8!! I didn't check anymore after that.

This is not made up. I wouldn't beileve it if somebody else told me this. That's just plain crazy!!

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
happens a lot. also check to see if your mobil 1/K&N/other high end filter is a fram or some other cheap one. people put expensive filters in cheap boxes to trick the cashiers.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
people put expensive filters in cheap boxes to trick the cashiers.

im gonna sound like a rooster, but i now plan on doing this next oil change. too bad theres no easy way to swap oil...
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
happens a lot. also check to see if your mobil 1/K&N/other high end filter is a fram or some other cheap one. people put expensive filters in cheap boxes to trick the cashiers.

That's called "shoplifting"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
im gonna sound like a rooster, but i now plan on doing this next oil change.

So your going to shoplift

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
too bad theres no easy way to swap oil...

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
I can't say I've ever seen that... but I don't doubt it for a second.

people(the collective masses) are trash. and it seems to only be getting worse...everywhere
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Its called MOST parents today don't teach much for respect anymore i have come across a few parents while i was at Wal-Mart waiting to pick up the wife tell their kids to go to the toy section and open toys up and play with them till their parents came and got them and then they just put the toys back in the packages and leave THAT'S bullshit and i have said something to parents about it and they just shrug it off like nothing ever happened then i made a comment about what are you gonna do if your kid steals from a store and they got all defensive and acted like their kid is an angel.. That alone drives me nuts.... sorry had to rant in conjunction with what cherry said

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerojester View Post
Its called MOST parents today don't teach much for respect anymore i have come across a few parents while i was at Wal-Mart waiting to pick up the wife tell their kids to go to the toy section and open toys up and play with them till their parents came and got them and then they just put the toys back in the packages and leave THAT'S bullshit and i have said something to parents about it and they just shrug it off like nothing ever happened then i made a comment about what are you gonna do if your kid steals from a store and they got all defensive and acted like their kid is an angel.. That alone drives me nuts.... sorry had to rant in conjunction with what cherry said

x2. I remember back in the day when I did some crap like the "good" kids today do, my dad would have beat my @**..thats back before the liberals started crying and made it illegal. oh well I'll still raise my kids the way my grandparents and parents raised me.. I've checked filters ever since I got a cheapo filter in a mobil 1 box.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
gerry
GX Member

gerry is on a distinguished road
Also happened to me at wallmart but for speakers. I opened the box I the store and checked. I buy the speakers and go home. Once I unwrap the speakers I see that they're stock speakers and all effed up. (delco)

Went back to the store 10 min later really mad. It took 25 min talking to the store manager before he let me switch for another pair.

Don't they inspect returns before they put them back on the shelf!?
gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
they do here, when I went to return a head unit I bought they inspected every wire in it, I had never used it so they took it back
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Peopleofwalmart webpage has a section for WalMart stories. Post it there. One of my favorite ones was the cat litter contained used cat litter that someone returned.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Actually you should always check the filter to make sure the O ring isn't missing and that th filter is made in USA.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #12
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
That's called "shoplifting"

So your going to shoplift

that sounded a lot better when i posted it at 2am. and for the oil i meant too bad theres no easy way to put good oil into a cheap oil jug, so i dont have to pay as much. again, sounded a whole lot better when i typed it about to fall asleep last night. doubt ill try doing it tho, my parents did raise me the right way, and ill probly feel too guilty to do anything.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
i used to work for the devil (walmart) and we would see this shit all the time, one time we had a lady come in because the tv she bought was filled with newspaper and a brick... and those dryer sheets, people used to take em and fill em back up with newspaper and return em. Xboxs too, alot of people would get banned from XBL go to walmart buy a new 360 and return the old one in the box.... and thats just the beginning of some of the shit that used to happen at walmart. As for oil my friend used to come in buy a 5q jug of syntec and walk out thru the front with it, then go in wth the reciept get another one and leave through garden, then go back in the front and return the original.
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
I see this thread getting out of hand in the future. It's like the next thing after a street race thread. Not cool.
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Stealing is wrong period. Agree with him though my parents would have beat my ass if I messed up like that.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #16
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
"beat my ass" isn't even close to the proper level of abuse I would have got.

The fury I would have been on the receiving end of... could have only been described as "biblical"
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
im not saying its right or supporting it... pff my parents are mad tradional, (not afraid to kick the shit outta their kids) i woulda had the shit beat outta me if i effed up like that... im just saying walmart attracts alot of thieves. having worked there and toys r us during xmas seasons ive seen just about evrything. dont take that post as a write up on how to rob walmart.... shits not cool.
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
most of my local auto parts stores do check the boxes at checkout... they'll open them in front of you and then scan them.

I could see other places like Walmart or other big stores, which also sell oil filters, where people could get by with it since most of the cashiers there don't know of such thing.
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 PM   #19
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
a friend of mine works at a costco (wholesale club) and he says the theft rate there is rediculous.... anyone from staff to customers... eg:
-mom with young child in stroller, unpacks a ps3, stuffs it under sleeping baby, rolls on out... the people checking purchases never think to look under a sleeping baby...
-brand new digital cameras come in off the truck, 12 ordered, only 3 received, the rest missing
-stock boy receives shipment of baby car seats, takes it out of package, smashes it against the wall, returns it defective. takes the empty box, loads it up with anything and everything, cd's, dvd's, ps3, camera, jewelry, clothes, etc, puts an x on the box, puts it out for sale. friend comes in, buys box marked with x for $80, leaves store with $2000 worth of merchandise...
-people return stuff at the end of season as well, blow up swimming pools, air conditioners, heaters, snow tires, etc.
the store policy has been as long as you have the original receipt, they will accept the return... my other friend just returnd his vcr, 19 years later... they took it back and gave him an instore credit for $85 since they no longer sell vcr's... its brutal, but the employees are sometimes just as bad as the customer...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #20
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I remember once I bought a camera from Walmart, it was defective, so I took it back. They didn't even check it. They just gave me a replacement no problem. I've seen people eat food from the store while doing their shopping, then before they go to checkout, they set the empty container on a shelf. It sickens me, but it's the world we live in now, and no one does a damn thing about it.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote