Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
p0420 code

i figured out my previous problem (o2 sensor code and i was getting horrible mileage) by cleaning my maf sensor off which made the CEL go away for a couple days (on its own) and i also cleaned the throttle body. the other day i was driving, and the check engine light came back on. i went to autozone thinking it was going to be the same o2 sensor code but it was a p0420 which is low catalyst efficiency.

soo... could it have been that i was running rich all that time that killed my cat converter?

and why the hell did it wait until AFTER i fixed the rich running to appear

this is a 3400 v6 just for the record..

Last edited by mastershake : 03-21-2011 at 04:23 PM.
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
omg this is a thread about a p0420 code and i posted it at 4:20. i think its a sign i need to engage in illegal smoking activities..
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
that's what she said...

Odds are that the ECM ignores O2 errors when it has more serious problems. The CAT may have died but it could also just be a fouled sensor. I'd change the sensor first cause it's easier and cheaper...
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershakez View Post
omg this is a thread about a p0420 code and i posted it at 4:20. i think its a sign i need to engage in illegal smoking activities..

Why don't you share a fat blunt with your car and maybe the 420 code will go away

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
mastershake
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Why don't you share a fat blunt with your car and maybe the 420 code will go away

bahahaha