Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Talking My put er' back together thread

Its almost that time to get to work on the car! Weather is warming up soon, and parts are coming in! Money is being spent!

As you know, i got new wheels, ordered a NEW transmission last week, and today.... I ordered MMS headers!!

But i still need parts. My next step is a new clutch. Once i have both a clutch and transmission on hand, i will unbolt my old trans from the motor to check my flywheel. Apparently its hard to find someone who will/can resurface a dual mass flywheel, so if it looks okay, feels okay, ill run it. If its noticable that it needs servicing, ill have to buy a new one. I found that a dual mass flywheel is basically unserviceable... But to be sure ill call GM dealer to see if they can do it...

Anyway i will stop in here for parts coming in, and progress.

Parts list

- clutch
- possible flywheel
- all fluids
- brake caliper paint
- headers (waiting for completion)
- spark plugs
- plug wires
- alternator
- possible battery
- misc bolts if i lost any
- fuel pump
- oil/filter
- maybe other things?

Im working hard as i can to get the car ready for the Olds show this year. Its coming up fast! And im trying my best to get the car back to running state.

Im getting excited, im getting really close to putting the engine back in. I miss driving my black car so much. Its sad to see her heart ripped out.

But anyway! Once i have the clutch/trans on hand, i can replace those parts and be able to drop the engine back in! But from there i will be waiting on headers to come in, i cant start the car let alone bleed fluids without them. So im counting on those to be ready asap! (They are made to order, wait on building them, and coating before they are ready for shipment)

I am shooting for early May to have the car RUNNING, but it SHOULD be done before that, other then the headers. If i can get it done early may and running that gives me 1.5 months to make sure everything is sound with the car before i travel to the Olds show.

Also the fuel pump will get replaced down the road, just because the car has a full tank of gas and im not dealing with that! Ill wait till i get down to E before i drop the tank.

But like i said, ill stop in frequently with updates. I get the transmission in tomorrow at my work (had it shipped there) and then ill haul it home with me after work. Im just getting excited. I cant wait to here her fire up for the first time in months! I almost forget how she sounds, let alone i miss driving the 6 speed, my auto 3400 i bought for a daily is getting boring! I need enthusiasm!

For a mind refresher, here is how she sits currently.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 03-04-2015 at 08:27 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote