Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-24-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
Str33tRacer

Ok ive been doing alot of research on headlights for the ho, im looking at replacing the 9006 and 9005 of course. I DO NOT WANT SILVERSTARS. the kalvin color is not right for me. im looking for a more blueish HID look, without converting to HID. Ive heard streetglow PIAA eurolite and someother brands will burn out the harness. What is the stock wattage and what bulbs to you guys suggest???
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
Yeeah eurolite tends to do that from time to time, i replaced my harnesses and decided to try again. I like the look of the blue ones, purple ones are okay, not exceptional, acceptable Other then changing the harness, i d k what to tell ya :P
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
02_Silver_Ho
GX Member

02_Silver_Ho is an unknown quantity at this point
PIAA bulbs won't fry your harnesses, and they will last forever. I'm going on almost 3 years with my PIAA Super Plasma 9006's.
02_Silver_Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Low beam 55w
High beam 65 watts

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.eurodezigns.com

ive been researching these guys for a while now and they dont seem too bad, really crappy to deal with if your in canada though :rolleyes:
Satsuriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
Str33tRacer

ok, about 65 watts.... thats what the Eurolite Fusions are 60W. Streetglow are 80 and 100W so i can see why they would fry it! but other eurolights are 80W so how could the fusions do this? or is it a different bulb?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
eurolites will fry your harness too

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #8
Str33tRacer

even when theyre the same wattage? huh?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:26 AM   #9
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
yup

had them on my car.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
if your gonna buy those bulbs, just upgrade the harness wiring. everyone acts like thats a undo-able task. buy the bulbs, buy some higher gauge wire, snip-snip, solder-solder, install bulbs!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
Str33tRacer

The whole "ricer section at autozone" ahh i hear yeah, any specific part name or number or just ask for a harness for an alero??
Old 03-25-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
billah420

Yeah i bought some Ionic Gold headlight bulbs from Lumiko.. they are 70 watts, not too much but they are brighter for sure. I got the heavy duty wire harness just in case, took two minutes to put in. Whats cool is that you only see the yellow/ gold tinge at certain angles.. ill try to get some pics...
Old 03-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #13
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
thats interesting...most people want to get rid of the yellow tint to their headlights, and you seemed to have embraced it
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #14
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I think I read this somewhere on here... If you buy the silverstar lights and then get this protective film stuff for your headlights, it will give it the HID look.... the film will have to be the blue tint.... here's the website...

http://store.lamin-x.com/

They don't have custom cutouts for our cars so you'll have to get a big enough sheet to cover both of them then trim it out.... basically it's just like window tint... someone did it and posted it on here... just search for lamin-x headlights... I hope this helps you...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #15
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I found these on Jegs

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...10869&langId=-1

I'd go with the Painless one

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #16
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
"upgrade your harnesses" isn't really that simple. Most places don't make upgraded sockets. You can upgrade the wiring, and that would help lower the resistance and lower the heat generated, but putting higher wattage bulbs in will still melt the harnesses. You can't upgrade the wiring inside the bulbs, and that is where most of the heat will be generated... at the base of the bulb inside the socket. And most of the time, it isn't actually the wire that burns out anyway, it gets so hot that the actual bulb's sockets melt together with the harness's plastic case. So even with an upgraded harness, it will still melt.

The good thing about Silverstars and those Phillips (forget the name) bulbs are that the actual bulb sockets are made out of a much better material than the other brands like eurolite. They won't melt.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
SweetNLow
GLS member

actually autozone and advandced auto parts sell an upgraded socket. its has thicker wiring on it also. after my originals got fried i needed to replace them and these were beefier than stock

Old 03-26-2006, 08:52 PM   #18
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
yeah, thats what i was saying. You can upgrade the wire, and even get better conductors in the harness socket... but that doesn't mean that it will not melt again, because it is the actual headlight sockets that melt. The point of greatest heat is at the base of the headlight, where the heat from the fillament and the heat from the resistance meet. I've burnt out plenty of autozone "upgraded" harnesses with beefier wiring. I've gone through about 7 sets of bulbs, including HID's.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #19
Str33tRacer

uuughhh!!! DAMN YOU GM!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #20
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
eurodezigns is good, yeah they fry the wiring, but they recently changed their bulbs so they are a lower wattage and still bright as day.

I have a rainbow colored bulbs for my low beams and they look nice. What I like about this company is if you ever burn out a bulb, break it, or even hit it with a baseball bat, they will replace it for only 6.95, mail you an entirely new set, all you have to do is mail yours back. Pretty impressive if you ask me. I enjoy them, have pictures online somewhere. Let me know if you want them. Good luck on your quest!

Justin

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote