Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
high beam relay

im trying to wire in a relay for the high beams so i can run a higher wattage bulb, i have tried every thing but the relay either stays engaged or does nothing, i also have the 4 headlight on mod

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
All you NEED to do for the coil of the relay is to wire it where the old headlight socket was. Period. For a Bosch type relay, that would be contacts 85 and 86.

For the CONTACTS you should wire from the + on the battery to a fuse, from the fuse to contact 87, from contact 30 to the new headlight socket, from the new headlight socket to a good ground (or the - on the battery).

Be sure to run 16ga or 14ga wire to get the maximum benefit of the harness.

Now that THAT'S said - how do you have the current setup wired?

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
can you draw up a diagram for me , im curently trying to put the relay in by the stock plug, are you saying to put the relay harness directly on the bulbs wiring? ugh i hate wiring shit

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
jawa