Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Duval
GX Member

Duval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond repute
trouble troubleshooting

I posted in another area, probably the same people are going to see it here but I'm really stuck. Had my 2003 motor and tranny (3.4 v6) sapped into a 2000 (previously 2.4) and the dam thing won't run now. Has ecu and bcm from v6, ignition is still from 2.4, I have the bcm from the 2.4, tried it same problem. The starter kicks on when the car is in the on position and the fuel pump won't turn on. I'm confident I could wire a botton to the starter and fix that but the fuel pump issue at at a loss.

When I turn the key to on (with starter Dis-engaged) I get service engine soon, anti-lock, Brake and security light.

No radio in the car, I tried cutting the yellow wire going from the ignition but I clamped it back together.

I've tried leaving the key in "ON" for 10 min to reset the security system.

I'm really at a loss. If you can help, or maybe point me in the direction of someone who can it would be much apreciated.

Thank you for reading!
Duval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
doesnt sound like a security issue YET so anythign to do with the yellow wire and leaving the key on is useless. get the codes scanned. god knows theres a bunch. need a scan tool that will read bcm codes.

also stater... simple diagnoses. sounds like you have power commanding the soleniod on all the time. why? start there. i sitll think your way over your head at this point.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
tomekbrek
GX Member

tomekbrek is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomekbrek
One question, did you change whole instalation too on the way engine - ecu - bcm ?

Becouse is a diference in wires positions in ecu, and maybe somewhere too.
In this week and propably next one i will do the same, but i purchased whole car for parts, and that car (body damaged) is still running.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
unchained01
GX Member

unchained01 is on a distinguished road
If you didn't change the whole harness your not going to get it running And did the ECM and BCM come from the same car ? If not that's another bad point. It can be done but you have a lot more work to do !! There's a good possibility your going to need a TechII.
unchained01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
I pmed you my number..give me a call and I'll clear all this up, it's not as difficult ad everyone is making it seem...figuring it out is the hard part, fixing it takes all of 20 minutes.. and 5 inches of wire..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
so you used the engine wiring harness from the 3400....did you switch the dashboard too? and the wiring that goes with it....that could be the problem. I had an 02 and just got a 2000 and the wires were different in the fuse block under the hood....the one that goes into the car....so we had to switch the dash.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Switching the dashboard harness and fuseblock would fix everything..but its possible to get it running without the harness
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Duval
GX Member

Duval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, definetly going to give you a call sleepr.

The bcm and ecu are from the 03 v6.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
Duval
GX Member

Mad props to 03Sleeprq my alero lives! Howver, mine and his don't have headlights and one high beam. It never ends lol. But i'de rather have driving then lights lol
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Yea, I'm working on the lights since I never drive in daylight lol..if anyone could find a diagram of the 2003 v6 fuseblock it would be greatly appreciated...or if you know of some stupid easy way to get our lights working then I'd love you forever