Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-02-2005, 06:30 PM   #1
Lovestheh20

I know somebody had brought it up in the LIM gasket leak posts. but was wondering if they know anything more on a temporary block seal? they said they were like pellets/balls that you drop into the coolant line, and metioned somebody about cadillac actually using them from the factory. anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I losing some coolant, none into the engine, but out the side kinda. and I need it to hold over til chirstmas.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:07 AM   #2
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
hmmm never heard of it. but if you really have to do this and it all comes down to it. i guess do some research on the absolute best "radiator fix it" that will seal a leak. i know for a fact about 80% of them actually clog up your coolant lines or radiator. just do your best on finding one that actually works.

but other than that, see if yo ucan find out where exactly its leaking for all you know it could just be a loose clamp or a bad hose that might end up being simple.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:38 AM   #3
alero35b

the lower intakes are known to leak on the 3.1, 3.4 and 3.8 at about 80k miles. is the coolant on the driver side on top of transmission? if it is, it is more than likely your lower intake. good time to install ported and plished upper and lower intakes. that is my plan after christmas since my lower intake is leaking also.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
Lovestheh20

Quote:
Originally posted by alero35b@Nov 4 2005, 12:38 AM
the lower intakes are known to leak on the 3.1, 3.4 and 3.8 at about 80k miles. is the coolant on the driver side on top of transmission? if it is, it is more than likely your lower intake. good time to install ported and plished upper and lower intakes. that is my plan after christmas since my lower intake is leaking also.

Yep, I already know its the infamous LIM leak. I just don't have the time to get it fixed yet (im a student). The leak IS where you described that how I knew that it was the leak. sounds like you have the same idea as me on it. I am not losing coolant into the block at all, it just pissing out the side a little. so when our chirstmas break comes I was gonna tear her down put in the ported stuff and new gaskets.