Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-30-2008, 01:45 AM   #21
Marrko
GX Member

Marrko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Marrko Send a message via Skype™ to Marrko
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_awakening View Post
Some of those codes point toward communications issues between modules. There's lengthy troubleshooting procedures to follow. I'll try to type them up tonight.

I hope youll do that if it's not to hard for you.. because i want to fix these isues as soon as posible and want to moove on on my project...

The Black Devil ---> American Heart and Soul representer in Europe....
Marrko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #22
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
i've had it happen to me... have the lights go on and restart the car and they go away for a while... i've always blamed it on hubs... when i replaced the hubs(when the light stayed on finally) everyhting was fine... you could try buying a new hub... jacking up the car, plugging the new hub into the passengers side (not actuall put it one) and see if the lights come on... don't spin the wheels obviously. i dunno... I'd bank on it being the wheel speed sensors. the hub doesn't have to be bad for the sensor to burn up. that's what sucks about the design of having them built in to the bearing.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
So with all of this said either it is a bad hub or the wheel speed sensor, and in any event the whole thing has to be replaced anyway. That Effing sucks ass!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #24
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
Ok here we go...alot to digest. I hope it helps you...

P1625:

Alldata doesn't show this, but as yaleronot said, a google search shows Unexpected TCM System Reset

U1000:

DTC U1000 Class 2 Data Link
DTC U1255 Lost Communications

These DTCs set when the control module does not receive a message that it was expecting from another control module, and does not know which control module did not send that message.

1. If the DTC U1000 or U1255 is set in history with other DTCs set current or history, diagnose the other DTCs first.
2. If the DTC U1000 or U1255 set current, this usually indicates a module that is currently not communicating or a configuration issue. For example, if the control module is configured for an option (ie: Onstar, Keyless Entry, Memory Mirrors, etc.) that the vehicle does not have, it may expect to receive a message regarding this missing feature. This would usually occur due to the control module being recently replaced and incorrectly setup.
3. When the DTC U1000 or U1255 is current, the module that is not communicating may not even be listed on the Tech 2 on the Diagnostic Circuit Check/Class 2 Message Monitor list.
4. If the DTC U1000 or U1255 has set in history without other DTCs, replacing the control module setting the DTC is most likely NOT the solution. The module that has set the code is looking for an input from another module that is not communicating. Since the module did not receive an input that it is expecting to see, it sets a U1000 or U1255 which indicates there was a loss of communications. Look at the customer's complaint (ie: intermittent, erratic tachometer operation); this will probably be a better indication of the control module that is the source of the concern. Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition.

See also:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ro/U1000-1.gif
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ro/U1000-2.gif

U1016:

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the ID number of the module which sent the message for Slate of Health monitoring (Node Alive messages). A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. Once an ID number is learned by a module, it will monitor for that modules's "Node Alive" message. Each module on the class 2 serial data circuit which is powered and performing functions that require detection of a communications malfunction is required to send a "Node Alive" message every two seconds . When no message is detected from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) for five seconds , DTC U1016 is set.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The ignition is turned to the ON position, and a module on the class 2 serial data circuit does not receive the PCM ID for 5 seconds .

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

* A current DTC will clear when a "Node Alive" message from the PCM is detected on the class 2 serial data circuit or at the end of the current ignition cycle.
* A history DTC can be cleared with the scan tool.

DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
When multiple Loss of Communication DTCs are set concurrently, the cause is likely to be two opens in the class 2 serial data circuit. Use the Data Link Schematic in order to determine the location of the opens.

See also:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...lero/U1016.gif

C1226:

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
As a toothed ring passes by the wheel speed sensor, changes in the electromagnetic field cause the wheel speed sensor to produce an AC voltage signal. The frequency of the AC voltage signal is proportional to the wheel speed. The amplitude of the AC voltage signal is directly related to wheel speed and the proximity of the wheel speed sensor to the toothed ring. The proximity of the wheel speed sensor to the toothed ring is also referred to as the air gap.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
DTC C1226 can set when the brake is OFF.
DTC C1226 detects a situation in which the right front wheel acceleration or deceleration is beyond specified limits.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

* A malfunction DTC stores.
* The ABS disables.
* The ABS warning indicator turns ON.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists and the Scan Tool Clear DTCs function is used.
* 100 drive cycles pass with no DTCs detected. A drive cycle consists of starting the vehicle, driving the vehicle over 16 km/h (10 mph), stopping and then turning the ignition OFF.

DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
The following conditions may cause an intermittent malfunction:

* A poor connection
* Rubbed-through wire insulation
* A broken wire inside the insulation

Use the enhanced diagnostic function of the Scan Tool in order to measure the frequency of the malfunction.

If the customer's comments reflect that the amber ABS warning indicator is ON only during moist environmental changes (rain, snow, vehicle wash), inspect all the wheel speed sensor circuitry for signs of water intrusion. If the DTC is not current, clear all DTCs and simulate the effects of water intrusion by using the following procedure:

1. Spray the suspected area with a five percent saltwater solution. Add two teaspoons of salt to twelve ounces of water to make a five percent saltwater solution.
2. Test drive the vehicle over various road surfaces (bumps, turns, etc.) above 24 km/h (15 mph) for at least 30 seconds.
3. If the DTC returns, replace the suspected harness. Thoroughly inspect any circuitry that may be causing the intermittent complaint for the following conditions:

o Backed out terminals
o Improper mating
o Broken locks
o Improperly formed or damaged terminals
o Poor terminal-to-wiring connections
o Physical damage to the wiring harness

Resistance of the wheel speed sensor will increase with an increase in sensor temperature.

Use the following procedure when replacing a wheel speed sensor or harness:

1. Inspect the wheel speed sensor terminals and harness connector for corrosion and/or water intrusion.
2. Replace the wheel speed sensor and jumper harness if evidence of corrosion or water intrusion exists.

TEST DESCRIPTION

4. This test checks the wheel speed sensor for the proper resistance value.
5. This test ensures that the wheel speed sensor generates the proper voltage.
6. This test checks for a short between the wheel speed sensor high and low circuits.

10. This test determines if a wheel speed sensor circuit could be shorted when the EBCM is connected.

See also:
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ro/C1226-1.gif
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ro/C1226-2.gif
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ro/C1226-3.gif
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #25
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Holy Shit thats a long post, but Thanks surreal but I want to watch my kids grow up, and I don't have a millenium to test it..LOL!!
Old 04-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #26
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
Just being thorough! The other option is to start throwing money at random parts until it is fixed!!
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #27
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_awakening View Post
Just being thorough! The other option is to start throwing money at random parts until it is fixed!!
Thats the kind of help we need around here!!
Old 10-06-2022, 06:53 PM   #28
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I just got a code that says U1255 ABS.
Just that one code, no others.
I am reasonably sure that my OBD2 reader doesn't show ABS data (if there is such a thing) but it would do ABS codes if I had them (or so it claims).
I was getting "Low Trac" and so I turned off the traction control and the low trac light doesn't come on, and it no longer feels like the transmission is slipping when the low trac light comes on. I need to rotate my tires anyway, so I'm going to inspect the wiring near the wheel sensors and report back.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote