Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-10-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
Suspension woes, please help!

Ok, long story short, I'm having a problem with my rear sway bar links rubbing on the cross bem (beam or support that goes from the middle of the car to the wheel.) What in the world could be causing this? Both sides were rubbing, then the shop 'adjusted' them (when I looked underneath again, the links looked different, but I'm not sure how). Now only the passenger side does.

Now you cant notice the pass side rubbing under normal conditions, but it you put enough weight on the back pass side and push down, you can get it to do it. I've got lowering springs I want to put on, but I'm worried that with the lowering springs on it, it will just worsen the whole problem.

On another note, the rear end has had work done to it... as in, it was ass packed..... but as the shop keeps saying, everything is lining up.... I dont know, I just frustrated and getting the run around... any help would be awesome!

-Matt
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
mfuller

Did they need to repair/replace the rear swaybar or rear knuckles? Sometimes you can mix up the endlinks for the swaybar (put on backwards) and they will rub on the lateral links.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
Ok, wll after poking around my car in the dark, the passenger side endlink just doesnt seem to have the same spacing as the drivers side. (ie, the whole link is closer to the beam... even at the lower pivot point)

After going over to the car lot close my place, I checked out a grand am, and the links look to be installed right now (they werent before though, thats for sure)

For what they replaced, all the damage was on the drivers side, so the drivers side end link, hub and possibly the knuckle were replaced... other than that, I dont know.
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote