Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Front tranny mount

Im in the market to upgrade my motor mounts and tranny mounts. First on the list are the WOT-Tech passenger motor mounts for my LD9. But Im also looking for the front tranny mount.

Now I found that Z-Spec sells them for 60 bucks. Yet it clearly states they are only for the 3400 engines. Now correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the 3400 and LD9 front tranny mounts both interchange? Here is the link to the website....http://www.z-spec.com/catalog.htm

Now I do recall someone else made them but at a higher price....does anyone remember who?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
They interchange.

Just fill your stock mount with 3M Window Weld urethane.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Where can I purchase it? Did it make it really stiff?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it did, that stuff is awesome. You can get it at AutoZone. Comes in like a caulking tube.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Good to know you just saved me some cash! Thanks for the insight! Did you use this on both the pass. side motor mount and the front tranny mount?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
mfuller

The passenger side upper and lower motor mounts are solid chunks of rubber, so you cannot fill them with urethane. You can, however, fill the gaps in the front and rear transmission mounts. I suggest you do one at a time (i.e. start with the front transmission mount), and then drive for a week to make certain you can stand the extra vibration. Removing the rear tranny mount is not for the faint-hearted.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

What he said. The front made a big difference. However my trans mount was pretty much torn through before.