Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #41
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
If you know what you are doing. For $900.00, i put a new Kenwood deck, Alpine door speakers, 4 ga. wiring kit, Planet Audio 3 farad capacitor, Crunch 2000 watt amplifier, two 12" Kicker L5's, and a ported box tuned to 36Hz in a friends neon. He's hitting low 140's on music at 1200 wrms.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #42
bigbiz15
GX Member

bigbiz15 is on a distinguished road
L7 or alpine x

Go with the kickers, all day everyday. I work at Best Buy and have heared both of the subs and the L7's hit wayyyyy harder. Something else to think about is that the to l7's are going to need a lot more power in order to handle both of the subs. Go with a kicker KS series amp and you should be good.
bigbiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #43
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
this thread is over a years old
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #44
bigbiz15
GX Member

bigbiz15 is on a distinguished road
Go with the kickers. They have real deep bass and hit hard. For an amp Just go for a kicker KS series.
bigbiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #45
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
^DUDE ... Really???

You thread revive this last month ... Now you post again with the same info as you posted then.

Stop and learn to read.

Enough said ... Hopefully!
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #46
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strtrydr View Post
^DUDE ... Really???

You thread revive this last month ... Now you post again with the same info as you posted then.

Stop and learn to read.

Enough said ... Hopefully!

With a completely ignorant review... lol

The sub has little to do with its "deep bass." It is about 98% application. Put a subwoofer in a ported box tuned to 28Hz, then put the same sub in a sealed box. Tell me which application has "deeper bass."
Old 10-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #47
Bigshot44
GX Member

Bigshot44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Neither- they both suck.

The L7's have many issues with the fundamental design. They dont like ANY kind of abuse whatsoever. Its an SPL oriented driver. Unless you got mucho space these aint for you. Note, set of 12's would be MAXIMUM in an Alero... You wont fit 15's in the Alero in a proper box no way no how!

The Type X isnt anything great at all. Its an extremely over priced not so great sub. Its not really that good at anything. A type R will be better than a Type X.

You want a kick ass sub? Look in my sig. This weeks special is one HELL of a deal!

i agree... except that type x isnt great at all. type x are sq. i like type r cause they are sql, but type x are still good.

2003 Olds Alero 2.2L Eco
Ttop191: who gives a damn what everyone else thinks, if you are proud of it thats all that matters, dont let others persuade you into thinking what you like is wrong.
Bigshot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #48
SnoopySnooper1
GX Member

SnoopySnooper1 is on a distinguished road
type rs are actually better than type xs. i have had both and the type rs get alotttttt louder and sound better imo,

i have 2000 rms on a pair of type rs and they take it like a champ and want more, my tyoe xs blew the second i put over 1000 rms to ea, tyoe rs on the toehr hand are cheaper, have better soft parts and take alot more power

look up my name snoopysnooper on youtube and youll see
SnoopySnooper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #49
SnoopySnooper1
GX Member

ryan form ohio beat me to it lol
Old 10-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #50
SnoopySnooper1
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashdollar2009 View Post
If you know what you are doing. For $900.00, i put a new Kenwood deck, Alpine door speakers, 4 ga. wiring kit, Planet Audio 3 farad capacitor, Crunch 2000 watt amplifier, two 12" Kicker L5's, and a ported box tuned to 36Hz in a friends neon. He's hitting low 140's on music at 1200 wrms.

bor for 900 i can get you to beark 150db on a termlab

cjheck out caraudioclassifieds.com and say snoopysnooper sent ya, great forum with great deals

the stuff is used, but if you buy from a reutable guy its like brand new, i go there all the time and =have a 23 itrader, i love it

i have 2 12" tyoe rs i aopiud 150 foir the pair
infinty 1211a i paid 50 for
and a coustom box 3.3 cubes at 33 hz i made with an aero port

sofor 200 im doing a 147 on music
Old 10-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #51
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopySnooper1 View Post
bor for 900 i can get you to beark 150db on a termlab

cjheck out caraudioclassifieds.com and say snoopysnooper sent ya, great forum with great deals

the stuff is used, but if you buy from a reutable guy its like brand new, i go there all the time and =have a 23 itrader, i love it

i have 2 12" tyoe rs i aopiud 150 foir the pair
infinty 1211a i paid 50 for
and a coustom box 3.3 cubes at 33 hz i made with an aero port

sofor 200 im doing a 147 on music

That was an ignorant statement on my part way back when...

For 900.00, yes you can break a 150, you just need to have the exact optimal enclosure for your vehicle, tune to 65hz, then get the biggest amp you can for a 2 second burp... lol, not very fun.

And I don't normally call people out, but a 147 on music is loud. REALLY loud. Unless your mic is in the port maybe? But to do a 147 on music, you are going to need more than two Alpine Type-R's in an ordinary slot-port enclosure, off of 400 watts a piece, coming off of a single Deka 9a31. It's going to take a Term-Lab meter video to convince me otherwise.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #52
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
CACO is a shit fest.

I posted something there and forgot to put my name in the picture... I got a snide PM from an Admin. I looked around and the Admin themselves are not doing it... He told me he can because he has over 20 feedback on E bay or something laughable low feedback amount.

Its the same people selling shit there as any other forum...
Old 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #53
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Admins don't do it, because they are admins. If you follow the rules then honestly you'll have no problem. Just like any site or any listing anywhere. You are correct, it's all the same. I'm not going to feel too comfortable buying from someone that could have just copied a picture from someone's build log or something and just take his or her "word" for it. It's hard for an admin to run, but the way some people turn to shit on online sales is just horrible.

But you'll have naysayers for every website. I tell other Alero owners on the audio forums I frequent about Aleromod and they cry about some dude named "Cherry something" picking on them, so they left. Other people cry about needing to require a minimum post count on certain sites to have access to certain features. Some sites have too many advertisements so it clutters the screen...

Today, there are just too many more people with internet access as there are people who are honest. Scams are very common as apparently people are starting to find ways around paypal anymore... The biggest thing I see about CACO is that they make it VERY convenient in searching for what you want as they divide their stuff up as to what category, type, size, etc. You don't find that as you search through pages of shit everywhere else. (for the most part.) Regardless, 99% of the rules are the same. No matter where you are, people want proof.

I use CACO, SMD, CA, D4S, DSBP, and the Realm. All of which are very similar formats as it is hard to mix up one basic concept. No matter where you go, you need verification before you can sell.

*Directed at no one in particular, just wanted to make a statement...*
Old 10-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #54
SnoopySnooper1
GX Member

Quote:
That was an ignorant statement on my part way back when...

For 900.00, yes you can break a 150, you just need to have the exact optimal enclosure for your vehicle, tune to 65hz, then get the biggest amp you can for a 2 second burp... lol, not very fun.

And I don't normally call people out, but a 147 on music is loud. REALLY loud. Unless your mic is in the port maybe? But to do a 147 on music, you are going to need more than two Alpine Type-R's in an ordinary slot-port enclosure, off of 400 watts a piece, coming off of a single Deka 9a31. It's going to take a Term-Lab meter video to convince me otherwise.
i was mistaken it wasnt even my type rs that did a 147. my psi in a burp box on a tone on my ma hk4k did a 147 on a tl

and yea CACO is kinda gay sometimes, but i enjoy it, alot of knlegeable people there

the username rule is kind dumb but there for a reason, they are just tring to cut down on scamming, that SMD and ca.com has alot of

i understand where they are comming form

a new caraudio site from JP is sweet though, down4sound is nice
Old 10-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #55
SnoopySnooper1
GX Member

i havent even got my type rs metered yet, i want to put 1500 rms to the pair, my deka isnt even in yet
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #56
SnoopySnooper1
GX Member

Quote:
Admins don't do it, because they are admins. If you follow the rules then honestly you'll have no problem. Just like any site or any listing anywhere. You are correct, it's all the same. I'm not going to feel too comfortable buying from someone that could have just copied a picture from someone's build log or something and just take his or her "word" for it. It's hard for an admin to run, but the way some people turn to shit on online sales is just horrible.

But you'll have naysayers for every website. I tell other Alero owners on the audio forums I frequent about Aleromod and they cry about some dude named "Cherry something" picking on them, so they left. Other people cry about needing to require a minimum post count on certain sites to have access to certain features. Some sites have too many advertisements so it clutters the screen...

Today, there are just too many more people with internet access as there are people who are honest. Scams are very common as apparently people are starting to find ways around paypal anymore... The biggest thing I see about CACO is that they make it VERY convenient in searching for what you want as they divide their stuff up as to what category, type, size, etc. You don't find that as you search through pages of shit everywhere else. (for the most part.) Regardless, 99% of the rules are the same. No matter where you are, people want proof.

I use CACO, SMD, CA, D4S, DSBP, and the Realm. All of which are very similar formats as it is hard to mix up one basic concept. No matter where you go, you need verification before you can sell.

*Directed at no one in particular, just wanted to make a statement...*
you are the man, couldnt have saidf it better myself, and its nuts im on CACO, ca, d4s and used to be on smd, but i think meade is too cokcy for his own good now and is too in it for the monewyt and for some reason thinks hes the caraudio god

dont get me wrong, his shit is raw and his truck is dope, but come on, sooo many people doing it bigger ythan him

ie, tommie mckinnie, frankie rio, bob pirillo etc