Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #1
Jeremyrobert83
GX Member

Jeremyrobert83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Jeremyrobert83 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremyrobert83 Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremyrobert83
Interesting Issue...

Well ok it's been awhile since ive been on here... Mostly because my Ol' lady is driving the car since she totaled her car out and i have my truck and she isn't ALLOWED to touch the drivers seat in my truck... Well i got the call earlier today that the car starts just fine and will rev just fine in park but once u put it in gear it Dies only thing i can think of would be the Torque converter... and if thats the case it might be the end of the alero... IDK yet... if i decide to replace the torque converter i will prolly just have the Tranny rebuilt at the same time since it's out anyways...

oh and BTW letting her drive the car was the worst mistake i ever made!!!!!!!
Jeremyrobert83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
have you personally seen the car do this? verify that it actually does run ok first...
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
If the torque converter solenoid is bad I would think that you would be getting a code. Having said that, on my no-Alero I do get transmission codes that are stored codes and don't illuminate the CEL.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote