Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Duval
GX Member

Duval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond repute
2.4 to a 3.4 swap.. no end of troubles

Ok, so I joined this forum mostly just for this swap. I'd like to start off by saying there are a LOT of sick looking Aleros on here. I'm more a fan of the Grand Prix but that's beside the point.

I've tried looking some of my issues up using the nifty search button and have had little luck honestly. I guess I should probably intro the car. I originally bought a 3400 white alero for 150 from a friend after a dui took the car into a brick wall. Car poped itself up over the curb using the tranny pan so the transmition is shot. Had enough juice to get it where it needed to be but that was it. Found a guy through a facebook shop and swap group who had a 2.4 red 4 door that he had already swapped the motor in once but threw the timing and effed the new motor up. Longer story short he has his own shop, charged me $300 to swap the v6 motor and tranny into the red car that was a 2.4.

Motor, tranny, ecu bcm the wireing harness through the engine bay to the fuse box throttle cable all changed out. probably forgetting somthing but I'm sure it will come up later. He showed me the car runs, as in I was there, he started it and it ran, idled even.

Here are some of the issues its having tho, when you turn the key to "ON" not "start" the damn thing tries turning itself over and just doesn't quit. On top of that it doesn't ever actually start. My mechanic informed me that when he could get it to run the starter stayed engaged and was just messing itself up.

There's something screwy with the entire security system. He showed me a way to bypass it in the fuse box under the hood with a wire but that was only temporary to get it to run for a min. I tried cutting the yellow wire behind the ignition but to no avail.

Help me keep this one on the road! Any help is apreciated. I didn't do the swap for power, just needed a cheap dd. I'm in the whole kit and caboodle less than 600$. Took the interior and spoiler out of the white car for the red. I work at a paint shop so even tho the damn thing won't run I'm painting the front end due to rock chips and the rear is getting done because of a bumper sticker gone wrong and that white spoiler. Smoked clear over the tail lights and I took the 2 alero badges, flipped and screwed them so when its all done my trunk will instead say ROFLMAO

Car has gas, keyed from 2.4, no radio idk what other information to provide. Thank you for reading. Sorry it was so long. Looking forward to your replies... now go!

Last edited by Duval : 11-16-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Duval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
Duval
GX Member

Duval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond repute
When I say I cut the yellow wire I mean I read into the passlock system issues and tried that one first. I have tried the 10 min key on trick when motor and tranny where in the white car and it worked then. Haven't tried it this go around due to the starter issue
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
he might have messed up wiring somewhere. you could try a new starter but i dont think that will solve your problem. i really dont know what would be causing the starter to stay on. its gotta be wiring..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
sketchey. lol.

perhaps a computer issue. shoulda swapped in a 3500

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Yeaaa.....sounds like that guy messed up a few things. IDK what....what year alero is it and what year is the engine? that matters.....and you swapped from a 2.4 to a 3.4. The dash might need to be swapped depending on the year of the engine (harness) and the car.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
I swapped from a 2.4 to a 3.4 and it has been HELL! I can however help you get your car running and cranking correctly, if possible pm me with your phone number and I'll give you a call..it will be much easier..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Duval
GX Member

I believe the body is an 01, and the motor is an 03
Old 11-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Close to mine...body is 00 engine is also 03... do your headlights work? I'll give you a car tomorrow evening
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
Duval
GX Member

Also, I just pulled the bcm back out and there is electrical tape holding it together. When the v6 was in the white car it ran just fine tho. Does the bcm control the auto start feature? In my mind it seems that this feature is probably the cause of the starter. That or wires are all just effed up.

Btw, I got the front clip painted today, along w the rear bumper and spoiler, blacked out the elblems and decided the trunk is going to say "Areola" instead of alero but I don't most people will even notice.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
Duval
GX Member

Ummm, actually idk. Battery was dead so it sat on the charger all night. about to thow it back in and see what I get
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
This is going to be a nightmare for u for a LONG time. With all this crap h have to do to it now, u woulda been Bette of swapping the same size motor into it in the first place.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
Duval
GX Member

I realize that, but like I said, I'm just trying to make a daily driver! lol. Its what I had
Old 11-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
You would have been better off dropping the Ecotec. They're a dime a dozen and it has a good following. Ecotec forum would have helped you a bunch!

But anyways, good luck on solving your issues.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #14
Duval
GX Member

Here are pictures from today. I'll be damned if it doesnt look good by the end of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1353122865046.jpg (50.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1353122943782.jpg (52.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg frontpassb4pnt.jpg (30.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg ResizedImage_1353123065889.jpg (36.9 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #15
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
If you pull the starter relay does it still try to start? If so, the solenoid has arked and yes replace the starter. If the starter does not try to spin with the module out then it's wiring bud