Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #81
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
I bought my mesh from andysautosport.com. Expensive for what little they give you but I haven't been able to find it at any local stores so I just went ahead and got it. I did the other side and have it setting right now-the trick is bracing foam pads to push it to the front. Just have the center and reinforcement and hope they all hold together.

You can see the defects if you look closely and know what to look for but front on it isn't too shabby. Just had to tell the perfectionist in me to let it go.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #82
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i need to do the center on my bumper. i only got the fog light holes done.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #83
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Job done...not very satisfied.

I finally took a look and some pictures of my work. The side ones turned out okay, but it looks messy as hell underneath it all. The center looks like crap...I ran out of material, the metal is too malleable to manipulate much without breaking, but not enough to get everything to conform properly. You would only see the defects on the sides if you got up close. But if you are able to see the center you can see that it did not set evenly in my opinion. Thinking about tearing that out and redoing it or just not doing the center.

On the center there is not a flat flush opening to comform to. At the bottom there are two wings that jut out about an inch and they jacked it all up for me. The shadowing on the mesh is just dirt-need to wipe it off.

Last edited by XanderWiFi : 01-27-2011 at 01:59 PM.
XanderWiFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #84
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
are yall laying underneath the car doing this or pulling the bumber off?
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #85
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

i was laying underneath.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:39 AM   #86
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
much easier to pull the bumper off if you can. it takes a little longer but it is much easier and and you can conform the mesh to the bumper better that way imo.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #87
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I imagine it would be much easier. But since this is my daily driver I could not afford the time. How terrible does it look?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #88
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
i know the rear comes off easy but i thought someone said the front was a bit of a headache to take off but luckily my younger brother is working to the hardware store so ill have to get him to pick up some stuff
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #89
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Theres all the little trees in the wheelwells, the little push in things up top btwn the lights, then a bunch of bolts underneath holding the plastic guards on. Get all of those out then take out the headlights to get to 3 bolts holding the bumper to the fender. If youre lucky, they wont b all rusted to shit where you have to cut them to get it loose. Fairly simple process, might take half an hr if its not too rusted. Mine took a lot longer and i ended up just ripping the bolts on the underside right out of the plastic, they were so rusted i cudnt do it any other way.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #90
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Does the job look that bad that everyone is changing the subject from the original request? Lol.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 PM   #91
Fuzzyspudkiss
GX Member

Fuzzyspudkiss is on a distinguished road
I put the grille mesh on my car because it was a cheap and easy mod ($7 + a couple cuts on my hands). It looked good and I got quite a few complements on it. I did it last summer, well after about 4-5 months I noticed that the drivers side mesh started to rust? Has anyone else had this problem...

I noticed that there is some sort of condenser/radiator piece behind the fogs where it is rusting. Could this be the cause of it or am I not using good enough gutter guard? The other one is perfectly fine...

I have the 3.4 L engine if that helps get the orientation of stuff.

This is an old picture but the rust was already starting its much more noticeable now...and yes it was falling down but it isn't normally like that lol

Last edited by Fuzzyspudkiss : 03-31-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Fuzzyspudkiss is offline   Reply With Quote