Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
what is all needed for the lx9 upper/lower

what do i all need to do a 3500 upper swap minus the heads if timing or anything like that is involved injectorss1-5 are shot and 02 sensor went i get les than 100 mile on a full tank and front head leaks a lil coolant im done with small bullsh*t repairs im just gunna dig in and get it done just need a list of everything needed and also a ? could i reuse the lower intake mani gasgets that me and jawa replaced if so would i just need the sealant stuff for the side and could i use the 3500 injectors? and maf and iacv and stuff like that?

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
Given the amount of work involved, doing a 3500 UIM swap only isn't going to benefit anything without doing the 3500 heads and LIM swap as well.

You would need an adapter harness for the 3500 MAP sensor and the 3500 fuel injectors are not compatible as the fuel rail system is completely different from a 3400 and does not have a FPR. You have to use the 3400 MAF as well as the TB since the 3500 TB is electronically controlled unlike the 3400.

Regarding reusing the gaskets, I know opinions may vary on this, but I wouldn't do it because once the seals have been compressed under torque there's no guarantee they'll seal properly the second time around. Do you really want to risk having to do another tear down because you didn't replace the LIM gaskets and they leak?

Last edited by Starglow : 09-23-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Given the amount of work involved, doing a 3500 UIM swap only isn't going to benefit anything without doing the 3500 heads and LIM swap as well.

You would need an adapter harness for the 3500 MAP sensor and the 3500 fuel injectors are not compatible as the fuel rail system is completely different form a 3400 and does not have a FPR. You have to use the 3400 MAF as well as the TB since the 3500 TB is electronically controlled unlike the 3400.

Regarding reusing the gaskets, I know opinions may vary on this, but I wouldn't do it because once the seals have been compressed under torque there's no guarantee they'll seal properly the second time around. Do you really want to risk having to do another tear down because you didn't replace the LIM gaskets and they leak?

so in other word i need a adapter harnest for map and just use my injectors and fuel rail and my tb and different intake mani and plenums and is there a bigger throttle body? i remember someone on here swapping one out a bigger one on the 3500 uper i just cant remember who and with head does come adjusting the timing or am i safe on that?

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
so in other word i need a adapter harnest for map and just use my injectors and fuel rail and my tb and different intake mani and plenums and is there a bigger throttle body? i remember someone on here swapping one out a bigger one on the 3500 uper i just cant remember who and with head does come adjusting the timing or am i safe on that?

Yes....you can use a larger TB with the 3500 UIM, but you can do the same with the 3400 UIM as well. The timing should not change with the 3500 upper swap, so no issues there unless you change the fuel injectors and then you might need a PCM tune.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
in all honesty doing a complete lx9 swap will be a little less work, and you will have all the improvements over the 3400 , and its much quieter, no piston slap or valve train noise at all,
the amount of work and cost to do the 3500 heads and intakes is not worth doing the work when you can get a complete lx9 for the cost of all the parts you would need,
for my swap i used a engine out of a 05 g6 with 80,000 miles on it for 200
i used a lx5 throttle body ( it comes on the 3.5 twin cam intregue and its 65mm) you will also need a external crank trigger kit avaiable at http://www.milzymotorsports.com/3500...crank-trigger/
it took me 1 day to complete including 3400 pull out
well worth it

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
oh and im getting 32 mpg hwy aswell

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
WIALERO
GL Member

alright well il try to find one around here im living with my friend atm and got screwed at my job hurt my back and right as i was filling out paper work they fired me :/ so gathering money slowly again while recovering and trying to fox my car

Quote:
Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
WIALERO
GL Member

everyone here at the house is telling me to get rid of it but im not gunna maybe get a new body tomarrow with tranny

Quote:
Old 09-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
Starglow
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
everyone here at the house is telling me to get rid of it but im not gunna maybe get a new body tomarrow with tranny

I said the same thing when the head gasket blew on the 3400 in my GA. I didn't want to spend any money on it but my son wanted the car and fixing it was still cheaper than buying another one.

Just be aware if you go down the 3500 path is that one upgrade leads to another...and another...and another...then you spent more money than originally planned. It's addictive....!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
WIALERO
GL Member

i no lol but i want to find another body preferably black red or silver or baby blue as ive seen 2 of them already ith a sunfoor then id swap everything over

Quote:
Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #11
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
you can't do a 3500 top swap without 3500 heads.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #12
WIALERO
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilzyZ34 View Post
you can't do a 3500 top swap without 3500 heads.

mike im on hold for now the alero took a shit the same day like an hour after i got off the phone with you so i took what i could out of it and let her to rest in a bone yard and now saving up for a new one

Quote:
Old 01-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #13
WIALERO
GL Member

unless someone wants to trade me a 5 speed alero for my truck lol

Quote: