Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 01-19-2016, 12:15 AM   #21
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Awesome, i did get it! I will have to check that out once im closer to needing it. I get the car tomorrow then will work on everything else i need

So as of now my mods are: ported manifolds, MMS headers, no cat, 2.5inch exhaust, (SLP) supercharged (soon) and plan on running hopefully around 8-10psi. 6 speed trans. And thats really about it, 65mm TB and plenum spacers as well. So 28's should be no issue at all with everything you are thinking?

The unknowns here are how much more demanding the ported intakes and the response of the six-speed trans will be. But at this point, you don't have a 2.2 pulley yet, but will use a 2.5 to start with, right? I think 28's be enough for that.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I plan to run a 2.2 pulley, i mean if im gonna spend 300$ plus on injectors i might as well go for what will be safest for what im going to do.

Future motor (hopefully spring sometime) will be cammed, 3500 top swapped with ported manifolds and i think heads, and supercharged. So i may need 42's for that.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:37 AM   #23
3500Alero
GX Member

3500Alero is on a distinguished road
I can tell you that #24's on a stock 3100 are not enough! Lol duty cycle hit 117% at 6-7 psi.
1993 c1500 turbo 3100 swap 5psi.
1976 Cutlass 350 olds stock for now
3500Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:29 PM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah i bet so! ^ that sounds dangerous lol

Well, i got the car, and removed the charger tonight. I need to figure out how to change the oil. And im curious if i can port match the charger for a 65mm TB. I need to remove mine off my car and see how close it would be to the edges. But it would be nice... That TB was 300$ i would hate to have to downgrade to stock...

Aside from that, the charger is pretty dirty, still needs some cleaning. But seems like its still in good working condition, so thats a plus.

I also need to block off the EGR port on the s/c. Anything in particular i should look for B?

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

Also, where would a boost gauge be best to hook up? On the GA it was connected to the port on the back of the UIM by the alternator.

And if i were to run a oil catch can, does that mean i can cap off the two ports on the supercharger that run to both front and rear PCV ports?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2016, 02:27 AM   #26
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Also, where would a boost gauge be best to hook up? On the GA it was connected to the port on the back of the UIM by the alternator.

And if i were to run a oil catch can, does that mean i can cap off the two ports on the supercharger that run to both front and rear PCV ports?

1) Yeah, that's a good spot.

2) The original kit routed the rear PCV hose to the air filter housing. The front PCV hose would go to the catch can, then from catch can to supercharger vacuum port.

Also, the brake booster hose goes to a supercharger vacuum port. The spot where it was on the upper intake is a good spot to put an IAT sensor. Then the spot on the SC outlet where the IAT is now can be used for alcohol injection.

Need to get a better look at the pulley. Is there any play in the driveshaft when you rotate the pulley back and forth?
Old 01-20-2016, 02:44 AM   #27
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Well, i got the car, and removed the charger tonight. I need to figure out how to change the oil. And im curious if i can port match the charger for a 65mm TB. I need to remove mine off my car and see how close it would be to the edges. But it would be nice... That TB was 300$ i would hate to have to downgrade to stock...

Use a syringe and extract the oil and put it in a measuring cup. Get new oil from GM and replace it.

You should taper and smooth the edges of the inlet to 65 mm if you can. I use a 68mm TB on mine and it still works great.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

The 65mm TB is a TCE version, it is SMOOOOOOTH!

But you got pictures of yours being tapered? I would like to do that to run mine.

Thanks for all the other info, i spun the pulley by hand last night. Spun nice and easy... But i did not really check for "play" i will do that tonight when i get home and report back on that part.

And yeah i noticed there are vac lines everywhere haha

Oh, where is the drain and fill plug located on the mp62?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

Also, the charger made NO noise on the GA, didn't scream at WOT like i thought it would... Whats up with that?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #30
sleepyalero
GLS member

Another thing, what was required to make the m90 charger to run like the m62 kit. Did you take an m90 charger and swap parts from the m62 to make yours?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #31
3500Alero
GX Member

3500Alero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Another thing, what was required to make the m90 charger to run like the m62 kit. Did you take an m90 charger and swap parts from the m62 to make yours?

I believe he had a lot of the parts cast/ made for it. His write up on 60* has lots of details.
1993 c1500 turbo 3100 swap 5psi.
1976 Cutlass 350 olds stock for now
3500Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #32
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah i found that out. I wonder the cost...
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-20-2016, 11:10 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

So the supercharger doesnt build boost, and does not whine at all.

The previous owner states that it built boost.. And he thinks the bypass valve is adjustable and should fix the issue after, but im thinking that the bypass is NOT adjustable, and at this point the supercharger is a paper weight right now... Any advice?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2016, 10:01 AM   #34
AleroB888
GLS member

Well, you do have to make sure the rotors turn when you turn the pulley
Old 01-21-2016, 08:33 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

Well i just bit the bullet, its going to a place for port/polish, full rebuild bypass valve replacement, oil change, and is going to be modified to work with a 65mm TB.

And honestly the charger spins by hand super easy, so that probably isnt even happening.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2016, 09:25 PM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah for sure, the screws do not turn. Just looked through thr outlet pipe. No action.

This sucks.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2016, 10:20 PM   #37
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yup, its no good.....

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #38
AleroB888
GLS member

Could you take another pic of those parts side by side, end-on, not quite so close-up? I am having a tough time picturing how that happened....
Old 01-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #39
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Gonna fix it or return it bud? With the engine mods, along with running over 10 psi, even 42's are gonna cut it close. I'd just go to the 60's and if possible, 14psi. Theoretically, 14.5psi will double the output of the engine. Should put you just over 500chp and make in the 440whp range being a manual. 54lb would be "ideal" IMO, but the 60's from Bosch are a dam good unit and can pick em up pretty cheap.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #40
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Could you take another pic of those parts side by side, end-on, not quite so close-up? I am having a tough time picturing how that happened....

You and me both. The first pic is just to show you the oil, its silver as all hell....

And the second pic of course the shaft, which snapped at the pulley....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Gonna fix it or return it bud? With the engine mods, along with running over 10 psi, even 42's are gonna cut it close. I'd just go to the 60's and if possible, 14psi. Theoretically, 14.5psi will double the output of the engine. Should put you just over 500chp and make in the 440whp range being a manual. 54lb would be "ideal" IMO, but the 60's from Bosch are a dam good unit and can pick em up pretty cheap.

Im going to do my best to fix it, funny you say that. Milzy, and a few others say 42's are overkill and i should run 36's. Plus these chargers to my knowledge max at 10psi, and will burn up fast if i run it at that psi to my understanding, if i had an m90 like b888 then i would be all for it. But i keep getting mixed reviews. Some say go big injectors. Some say smaller.

Some say push 14 psi, others say at 10 psi, the charger is maxed at 6000rpm.... And even at that rate its generating more heat then it is power. But i dont know. Would be nice to go over 10 psi.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: