Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM   #41
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Very clean install. And the relocated battery makes it look factory-installed, not crammed in.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #42
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Oh i was just wondering Good looking Engine bay Ritchie
14alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #43
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Very nice!

What size turbo? What size downpipe/exhaust? How much power are you looking to make?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #44
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Is there even a HP goal or is it primarily for show? I don't really see this car tearing up the strip.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #45
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
A full out custom turbo set up for show? If that's true....Wow, what a waste...
Old 08-12-2008, 01:41 AM   #46
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Well, not a complete waste. Have to do what gets the points.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #47
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
A full out custom turbo set up for show? If that's true....Wow, what a waste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Very nice!

What size turbo? What size downpipe/exhaust? How much power are you looking to make?

Its a garrett t3 60-1 AR trim .63 2.5" downpipe and exhaust. 6 psi looking to make like around 60hp more or less. Actually the setup is to complete the show theme on the car. haha. I just didn't have any engine mods when they judged the car. The car is already on 160k miles on it.. i'd be interesting to see how long the engine/tranny can hold up w/ the turbo. My goal is 200k miles out of the car.

I just did the turbo setup, just to do it. The wow factor when i pull up to people at car meets and shows. Make a statement. Most people are already shocked when seeing a modded alero. Now they'll poop on themselves to see a turbo one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Is there even a HP goal or is it primarily for show? I don't really see this car tearing up the strip.

It'll see the track. I've already gotten people wanting to race.. show car vs. show car. LOL.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #48
Mr_Reed
GL Member

Mr_Reed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mr_Reed
So did the sponsors pay for all of it?
Old 08-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #49
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
I just did the turbo setup, just to do it. The wow factor when i pull up to people at car meets and shows. Make a statement. Most people are already shocked when seeing a modded alero. Now they'll poop on themselves to see a turbo one.

Minus the shows.....but welcome to my world. I nearly couldn't get anything done in the pits at the track. And the funny thing is, I pull in at a meet (we have several decent car clubs in the area....not kiddie rice clubs, but real organized clubs) at the local park or whatever, everyone has their hoods popped already when I pull up, but I usually leave mine down unless asked. Then everybody freaks out.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #50
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Reed View Post
So did the sponsors pay for all of it?

I wish! Sponsors dont pay for anything. Just recieve the product to sample or give you a discount on the parts.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #51
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
I wish! Sponsors dont pay for anything. Just recieve the product to sample or give you a discount on the parts.

Which is why me and a buddy of mine were working on a 340 RWD swap in a PT Cruiser awhile back, pure show car, and totally a knock-out. The owner said he doesn't want SHIT on that car displaying a company name (like Moroso, Edelbrock, etc.) if they aren't paying him to display it.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #52
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
The owner said he doesn't want SHIT on that car displaying a company name (like Moroso, Edelbrock, etc.) if they aren't paying him to display it.

I feel the same way
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #53
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
thats funny thats the same turbo i have on my 4 cylinder grand am. You will like that turbo.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #54
bryan213
GX Member

bryan213 is on a distinguished road
can u give us a list on everything that u hada make or find?
bryan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #55
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
Looks really good. where is the battery now? what kind of cable did you use to relocate it or how does that work? also, how much was the strut bar? last question, apprx how much $$ did all that cost?
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #56
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
don't bother with a map sensor... setup a blowthru maf setup with the maf between the turbo and the tb and a bov before the maf and rescale the maf

I have an 02 wrx nowadays and this is my next project after a front mount intercooler.

basically the easy way to do a rescale if its not in the hardware is to multiply every value correlating to air to fuel ratio and timing tables by 1/2 to say gain twice the amount of rescale area
f
or instance if you could only shove 250 cfm of air into your engine before the rescale you could now shove 500 cfm into the engine and only have to do slight retuning since you will also be narrowing the available voltage scale for a particular load. So you will have to do a bit more fine tunning for it to work properly.

Last edited by sorrowfulkiller : 08-26-2008 at 01:42 AM.
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #57
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

actually, if he has access to a PowrTuner, he can replace the MAF with a larger one, say LS1 or LS6. Once you import the tables, it extends the MAF scale. Mine is pushed out to 15,000 on the freq range which is why I can measure the kind of flow I'm getting. Same setup....turbo, BOV, MAF, TB. That way the MAF only measures actual flow entering the engine, and has no idea of what is blown off.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #58
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
actually, if he has access to a PowrTuner, he can replace the MAF with a larger one, say LS1 or LS6. Once you import the tables, it extends the MAF scale. Mine is pushed out to 15,000 on the freq range which is why I can measure the kind of flow I'm getting. Same setup....turbo, BOV, MAF, TB. That way the MAF only measures actual flow entering the engine, and has no idea of what is blown off.

How large are those mafs? in inches that is... because I've been thinking of just bridging my maf signal to one and then bridging my temp signal to my stock maf sensor a little upstream of the big maf. (on the wrx's the temp sensor and maf are the same piece) That way I don't get the issue associated with turbulence that wrx are prone to when switching intakes and I wouldn't need to scale them. they do still work on a 0-5 volt scale correct?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #59
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
How large are those mafs? in inches that is... because I've been thinking of just bridging my maf signal to one and then bridging my temp signal to my stock maf sensor a little upstream of the big maf. (on the wrx's the temp sensor and maf are the same piece) That way I don't get the issue associated with turbulence that wrx are prone to when switching intakes and I wouldn't need to scale them. they do still work on a 0-5 volt scale correct?

ls1 is 75mm (mafs are measured in mm's)
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #60
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
How large are those mafs? in inches that is... because I've been thinking of just bridging my maf signal to one and then bridging my temp signal to my stock maf sensor a little upstream of the big maf.

LS6 MAF (80 or 85mm, IIRC, either way, no notable size drop from my 85mm TB) is a 5-wire, with 3 going to the MAF (power, ground, signal) and 2 for IAT built in. That I'm aware of, the built-in IAT is still a 5 volt signal.