Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 07-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
WOT-Tech Cam/heads first fire-up.

Ok, we're finally getting somewhere. I got the time over the past couple of weekends to make some headway. Special thanks to my 13yr old daughter for helping me from the engine build all the way through final assembly and fire-up. She both turned alot of wrenches, kept me motivated, and also totally freaked out my fence-building contractors when they walked up and saw her installing pistons LOL.

It's running a bit rough, but during the following videos, this was the first test fire, then a few short clips after finding a couple of vacuum leaks (note from the erratic idle at first), it smoothed out a bit, but you can still tell it has quite a bit of lope with the given lift/duration and LSA. This is on my old tune also, so the flow characteristics have changed dramatically.

Also, it will sound very raspy since it was recorded on my cell-phone and it picks up more of the high tones than the lows, compounded by it being an open down-pipe with no resonator or muffler.

I'm super excited about moving forward, and it looks like I MAY end up getting a track run in before my coming deployment. Time will tell. I still have to buy tires (all dry-rotted and cracked from sitting in Arizona) and should also be wrapping up a few odds and ends with swapping back to Alero hubs and the custom axles from the MMS 4t65 swap kit.

More to follow as I progress.

Turbo is installed but not connected up, this was just to get the initial idle and check for fluid leaks etc. before finalizing everything.

1st fire-up vid:

2nd vid, found and stopped one or two vacuum leaks:

3rd Vid, found a couple more leaks and it smoothed out a little more:

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Almost "Game On" time, huh Hope you can get a lot of street time on it, break-in and all that. All the mountings are good to go?
Old 07-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #3
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
damn we need a better camera to enjoy the cam. bump for parent to daughter built, you dont see that all the time.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
Almost "Game On" time, huh Hope you can get a lot of street time on it, break-in and all that. All the mountings are good to go?

No, mounts are not complete yet. Still standing by for Milzy to deliver my rear torque brace. This may be the final hold-up. I'm going to get some decent street performance tires first for daily driving, and see what kind of times it will lay down, then I'm going to have to get another set of rims/slicks to really tell.

Also, I have a bit of re-torquing to do. Front bank is pouring water out of the head gasket down the front of the block. I think once I get the new ones from WOT-Tech I should be in good shape. Those full coppers I have always give people fits on re-torquing until they settle in.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Good to hear everything is coming along and hoping everything goes smooth to the finish.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
ha nice ur 13 yo daughter can do more on an engine than most people on here
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Thanks.

It should be fun for sure. Can't wait!!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
badass!!!!!!!!!!!!
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
mid 13s?
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
mid 13s?

Lets not get too ambitious. My last documented run was 14.5. Lets take this a little at a time shall we? LOL

Old 07-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #11
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Lets not get too ambitious. My last documented run was 14.5. Lets take this a little at a time shall we? LOL

You're absolutely right. I predict a first run of 14.4
Old 07-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #12
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
it's always good to set your expectations low, then when it's better you won't be disappointed.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #13
widbyj
GL Member

widbyj is on a distinguished road
that's what she said
widbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #14
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
it's always good to set your expectations low, then when it's better you won't be disappointed.

It IS a v6 n-body after all.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Yes it is. Don't forget it

Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #16
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Yes it is. Don't forget it

Forget what?
Old 08-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Weazel
GL Member

Weazel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Weazel
Sicknasty. I'm dying to hear it with a better camera!
Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
How did I miss this? What are your cam specs?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #19
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I think the specs are in the following link somewhere:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...22cam+specs%22

and you must have missed a bit then, it's been running for awhile up until I deployed. Last minute track prep and install on the Milzy 4t65 swap mounts hosed me though right before game time. Mount bolts were too long and punched through the trans case leaving me without a transmission. Up until then, it was shredding the beef off the steels with DR's from a 70mph+ punch. This thing will be very interesting when I get back and get a new transmission in. I already have the full M/T slicks mounted and ready.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think the specs are in the following link somewhere:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...22cam+specs%22

and you must have missed a bit then, it's been running for awhile up until I deployed. Last minute track prep and install on the Milzy 4t65 swap mounts hosed me though right before game time. Mount bolts were too long and punched through the trans case leaving me without a transmission. Up until then, it was shredding the beef off the steels with DR's from a 70mph+ punch. This thing will be very interesting when I get back and get a new transmission in. I already have the full M/T slicks mounted and ready.

I remember all that, I just don't remember those vids. Any idea when play time is over in the sandbox?