Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
SSautochrome

anyone buy a turbo from them, I'm starting to window shop for my kit and There pretty cheap, heard mixed reviews.
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
-Cleared Corners/Painted Bezels
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
cheap = shitty....................PERIOD
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
the_weber
GL Member

looking more for someone with actualy experience with the seller. but thank you
-Optima yellow top. This battery went end over end in my jeep (not strapped down) 13 times for 75 feet. and now is in my alero. one tough battery
Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
looking for someone with experience why not PM ion or blackjack since they are the only ones on here with turbos.

Why not check the BBB also.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
anywhere you look you wont find the real thing cheap.
walmart doesnt sell turbos so suck it up and save the dough
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
the_weber
GL Member

again, someone whos actually dealt with the seller or know someone who has. thank you again for the advice.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
I doubt anyone on here has dealt with that seller, and there's a reason for that. If you're going to buy something as big as a turbo get a well known brand (Greddy, Turbonetics, HKS, etc.). It's better to put a few grand in and get good results than to spend a little less for junk.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
everything on that site looks like shit. If you want to turbo ur car do it right save the money for it. 300 bucks for a turbo is way to cheap. It will blow in no time. If the turbo blows it can send shards of the compresser wheel into the engine which is not good.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #9
the_weber
GL Member

Im only pushing 8 PSI, so I was thinking going with someones stock turbo any way. thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
get an old Volvo turbo

PM Spilner521 and see if he'll take his stuff off for you. he has basically the same turbo I used to have, and his car hasn't moved since he bought the Evo
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
the_weber
GL Member

thanks that would great.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Ssac makes turbo kits for hondas and the manifolds are famous for cracking. The turbos themselves are kind of a hit and miss some people do great with them others only get about 6k out of them. The main issue is oil leaks.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucalare View Post
I doubt anyone on here has dealt with that seller, and there's a reason for that. If you're going to buy something as big as a turbo get a well known brand (Greddy, Turbonetics, HKS, etc.). It's better to put a few grand in and get good results than to spend a little less for junk.

Greddy turbos are garbage... Get a garrett or get an ebay turbo and have it rebuilt with garrett internals
Old 06-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
i would go with HKS, Garrett or Turbonetics. My buddy has a turbonetics turbo on his and he has had no problems.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #15
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I actually have always used bullseye or precision im about to get a garrett
Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #16
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

how did you like the percision turbo and what size were the hot side and cold side.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
the_weber
GL Member

spilner already sold his car
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

you must have a junk yard near you you might be able to find a turbo or supercharger from a cobalt.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #19
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Greddy turbos are garbage... Get a garrett or get an ebay turbo and have it rebuilt with garrett internals

M'kay, I've never had any desire to turbo my car so I haven't researched which brands are best, that's just a name I remember seeing a lot.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #20
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

The precision was a 6262 which was on a 3rd gen supra my buddy had but I drove it while he was in basic training

And garretts were nice before they moved from japan to china now they are the same as ebay turbos