Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Alero Twin Turbo

So i made the mistake of mentioning Twin turboing the alero to my dad after the complete engine rebuild... and now hes completely serious about helping me do it.... Any tips or know of anyone that has twin on a 3.4L Alero? or would i be the first..?
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
pretty sure you would be the first, if you can succeed. and if its even possible, which if no one has done it yet it might not be possible or people just didnt want to tackle a job like that.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Well im going to see if a few places here would sponsor me also My buddy is going to talking to his boss he works at one of the tire shops here and see if they would provide me with tires if i go through with it
I think its possible im gonna put as much of the best as i can in the engine before i even turbo it
Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
AZFire316
GL Member

AZFire316 is on a distinguished road
you will want to insure that engine is 100% before considering a twin turbo setup. When I look under the hood of my Alero I just dont see the room under there for TT.
AZFire316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Its a pain in the ass to get one turbo in there... It'll take a lot of work to get 2 in there... I just dont see how it'll work, but goodluck!

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Hellfire5670
GL Member

i know its going to take a lot of work so im going to custom make all my pipes and everything
Old 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
So what kind of set up are you thinking about? Sequential or parallel?

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Hellfire5670
GL Member

you know im not to sure yet i have a year or so to thinking about it untill my engine is rebuilt i want the 2 cones right beside eachother or put the ones in the fenders
Old 12-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
single > twin

for the most part. have fun with fitment haha
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Hellfire5670
GL Member

I will make it work and i want a twin cause i never have heard of twin on a alero so i wanna make it happen i have 2 mechanics my buddy and myself to all think and do stuff for it and a good budget
Old 12-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
won't be that hard as long as you have someone good at tig welding. it's just piecing together piping..
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
Hellfire5670
GL Member

I can weld :P and bend pipe and all that myself
Old 12-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a mandrel bender?

I'll be the first to say it, another kid saying stuff is gonna happen, it isn't.

And if you are so "into" the build getting done. What are you gonna use on the bottom end of your motor? I doubt you even have any idea.......
Old 12-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
You're going to want to check out WOTTech for their turbo cam.

You'll want to build LOW compression, and a nice thick head gasket. Cometic FTW.

You'll need a good builder to build up the bottom end to handle all that boost. I would say a single turbo is best, but to do a twin, those turbos are going to hav e to be small. 2 turbos best for 1.7 liter engine would work. they are small, but still make a lot of heat.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #15
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
You're going to want to check out WOTTech for their turbo cam.

You'll want to build LOW compression, and a nice thick head gasket. Cometic FTW.

You'll need a good builder to build up the bottom end to handle all that boost. I would say a single turbo is best, but to do a twin, those turbos are going to hav e to be small. 2 turbos best for 1.7 liter engine would work. they are small, but still make a lot of heat.

Not necessarily......
Old 12-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
You'll want to build LOW compression
Not that low.. I only dropped 0.5.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
bentiac
GL Member

bentiac is on a distinguished road
Parallel or sequential?
GS - 01 Alero Coupe - MT, CG-lock,Front/rear strut tower brace,WAI,Fidanza Short throw Shifter and custom short throw clutch, AGX adjustable struts and mounts, Dropzone Springs, speedbuilt front sway bar, Toyo R888.

CS - 06 RX8 - Special Edition Shinka, 285 Hoosier A6.
bentiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
Hellfire5670
GL Member

yes we have a mandrel bender and i have heard good things about Cometic
i was thinking getting the turbo engine kit from WOT-tech I still have A lot of things to figure out but until i have all the parts for the engine build im not starting maybe start it all next summer i have a tig mig and a arc welder in the garage. I am completely serious about this build and if i can't do the piping myself then my buddy knows a place where they can do completely custom piping if worse comes to worse then i may only do a good sized single turbo but my minds set for twin

And thats why i came here for info someone has to have some tips for me..
Old 12-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #19
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire5670 View Post
yes we have a mandrel bender and i have heard good things about Cometic
i was thinking getting the turbo engine kit from WOT-tech I still have A lot of things to figure out but until i have all the parts for the engine build im not starting maybe start it all next summer i have a tig mig and a arc welder in the garage. I am completely serious about this build and if i can't do the piping myself then my buddy knows a place where they can do completely custom piping if worse comes to worse then i may only do a good sized single turbo but my minds set for twin

And thats why i came here for info someone has to have some tips for me..

The wot-tech turbo kit packages don't include anything bottom end. And yes is for some reason you decide to go forward a single will be way better....
Old 12-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #20
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Single turbo can make way more power also much less to go wrong... Also you dont want low comp... Thats less power just get a fantastic tuner comfortable with hptuners
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote