Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #21
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
believe me Paul, I feel your pain... my car has been parked for 14 months now... especially after you opened it up for me, it's been eating me every day I pull in the driveway and look at the shed... probably why I have kept buying parts for it... gonna be sweet when she comes out again!! hopefully to paint, then a trip out your way for some more tuning!! lol

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Im going to replace the front strut mounts while im at it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
well I got quite a bit started today.... lets see...

whats been done/needs to be done.

- find new tail lights.
- front brakes removed.
- front struts removed.
- front hubs removed.
- axles need to be removed.
- finish tuning with Paul.
- replace front strut mounts.
- replace axle boots.
- get two more wheels to complete my set. (they are still a secret)
- possible alignment since struts have been pulled.
- swap tires to new wheels (getting 2 tires put on the new wheels tomorrow)

plan on removing the axles when I get wheels put on the rear end, im afraid me pulling the axles out will rock the front end of the car off the jack stands. (rear end is up in the air too. held by a jack)

who knows I might reveal my new wheels tomorrow once the nitto tires are put on them.

but I got a good start on the car today, now its more of the waiting game. need cash, and have to send things in to get replaced. I will not be doing the axle boots myself, nor will I replace the strut mounts myself. that will be done by professionals. lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 01-11-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #24
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
So sleepy broke my car today while we were tuning! Bastard! He needs to learn how to drive! First he takes out his underbody and radiator support on 465 by hitting a semi tire??? Now he's driving my car and plows a pot hole... We saw someone else already pulled over changing their tire in the rain too. Sadly, after my big brake "upgrade" we had to get the rear wheel off of the car and out it on the front so we could get the spare on the rear. Now my car is on a doughnut, with the trac off light on, washer fluid light on, funky idle, rear window regulator broke, needs an ok change and the idle is bouncy and rough!! My poor car! I need to get that honda so I can put my Alero away.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:48 AM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

I said im sorry ryan!!!! It was an honest accident. Im as sad/mad as you are about it.

The offer is still there for me to replace it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #26
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
get stock tails. i sold my led tails and now im in need of some new stockers. so thats on the list. and they arent easy to find.

I can run to a yard if you want... Aleros are plentiful in my yards... sadly so is the turnover rate. The only thing is my yard charges $30 for each tail light housing and the Alero has 4... Don't know if you're gonna like the final price. Shipping would be $10 on top of it. I'd only do you the favor of sourcing the parts... no profit at all.

Actually come to think of it... have you asked Certifit how much they will charge for new ones?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited

Last edited by Nas Escobar : 01-11-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #27
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
There is a yard out in hays when I go back out that I got a new outer for mine from and paid $15 for it and got 99-00 hvac knobs for free with it...Unfortunately they only have one so while I could get the rest, I couldn't get the driver's side outer
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
I can run to a yard if you want... Aleros are plentiful in my yards... sadly so is the turnover rate. The only thing is my yard charges $30 for each tail light housing and the Alero has 4... Don't know if you're gonna like the final price. Shipping would be $10 on top of it. I'd only do you the favor of sourcing the parts... no profit at all.

Actually come to think of it... have you asked Certifit how much they will charge for new ones?

I dont want to go through a jy cause its risky in getting leaky tails.

And no I haven't heard of that place.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #29
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I dont want to go through a jy cause its risky in getting leaky tails.

And no I haven't heard of that place.

Well considering that it rains and snows in Maryland a lot (because DC doesn't have junkyards), I think it would be pretty obvious to see a leaky tail with all the condensation build up. Plus you gotta remember that the east coast disposes of cars more quickly than the rest of the country.

There's one in Indiana... although IDK how far it is from where you live. Look it up... Certifit.com

They're known to be used by the shops when they need brand new parts. It's very cheap too. A bumper costs $50 there... same as what my yards charge. Equal for the fenders... $40 or what the yard charges.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 01-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #30
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
look for a new alero.... thats my plan

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

Cool man, ill check it out. Thanks.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #32
sleepyalero
GLS member

Well got a little bit done. Pulled both axles out today. Now I just need PARTS.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #33
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
you SHOULD get an alignment after pulling the front struts. it will easily effect camber. you might even consider trying GAGT alignment specs. hopefully someone knows better then i did, but i thought they were different specs.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #34
mfuller

If he really want it to handle like a slot car, I've got some decent alignment settings he can try,,,,
Old 01-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

Hahaha I planned on getting an alignment. Didnt know you could align the car any way special.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #36
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
look for a new alero.... thats my plan

Wrong thread perhaps?
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 01-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #37
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
I am doing a few things when spring hits and one thing this afternoon. My fuel pressure regulator is leaking so gotta change that.
1. Serpentine belt (cracked and original GM factory belt with 142k on it and 13 years old.
2. Tensioner (Frozen)
3. Idler Pulley (loose bearing)
4. Possible driver side front door replace(found a good junkyard one)
Already got my new subs and amp installed. Nebraska weather been really warm lately so it's allowing me to get some stuff done.

Have to fix coolant leak on the wife's car and change her plug wires, didnt do it when I did plugs.

It's all easy stuff I have to do. Contemplating changing the motor mount while I am at it being you have to take it off.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #38
mfuller

Quote:
Hahaha I planned on getting an alignment. Didnt know you could align the car any way special.
Well, caster is non-adjustable but you can get a bit more aggressive with camber and toe settings.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #39
sleepyalero
GLS member

And still be okay on tire wear?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #40
mfuller

Quote:
And still be okay on tire wear?
The way you drive, you'll be fine.