Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
stalling out

So my car is stalling out randomly... it will go through bouts of revving like its got a big ol cam in it and choke itself out. I have check fuel pressure its fine, my maf is fine, I can figure it out and its not throwing any codes other than my rear o2 sensor code which is normal because I have the o2 sensor fooler and no cat.

Help!!! I was almost late to my first day at my new job becuase it died on the interstate. The only way to keep it alive is to downshift and keep giving it gas. But when i have to stop it starts doing it again and dies. If I set it sit for a while and rev it to like 3500 it will start working again
Old 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Fuel pressure regulator leaking, throttle position sensor?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
My car had problems similar to that, but for me it was the crank sensor being too far from the crank trigger to reliably read the markings. That caused spark timing issues for me. Only way to tell is if u have a scanner and can log your timing advance. At some points I could see my timing go straight to 0.

Edit: only code it threw for me was a misfire code. Also should point out this only happened on idle.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Seems better now. I hadnt driven it for like a week... and its been in the single digit temps outside
Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
djwikit
GX Member

djwikit is on a distinguished road
Whenever I talked about getting a new car my old grand am would act up like a teenager. Kept me under its thrall until I would put some effort into her(ha ha) and get excited about a new mod. Finally I learned to only talk about new cars away from my current car.

#justsayin'
djwikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Last time I had a car that did that kind of thing it was the crankshaft position sensor. I've also had TPS issues present similar symptoms and vacuum leaks but I'd start with the first two. Sleepy can get you a TPS, but if you're about to scrap the car then there isn't much point in it.
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I need it for at least another month or so
Old 02-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Fix it then sell it to Nate for $800

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
7X sensor at the back of the block and the connector from the IGM to that sensor. This has come up many,many times that I have seen. The connector and sensor are exposed to massive amounts of heat, the two wire lead breaks down and skews the signal to the IGM. Then the sensor it self has a plastic housing! Over time the housing heats and contracts so much the plastic breaks down and causes tiny cracks in the housing. This, in turn, causes the cracks to open up when hot and will also skew the signal to the IGM causing exactly what you have happening.
I would be looking to the MAF to be sure that it is not the issue. You said the MAF good, but get a scanner on it and move the wires as much as you can and make sure it doesn't screw up when you do. Also check the IAT sensor the same way.If you can find no fault with the MAF or IAT then go to that 7X crank sensor at the back of the engine.
**Reading what is happening to you it is a carbon copy of what I went through and it was a combo if the MAF wiring AND the 7X sensor that fixed mine man. Mine needed both to finally fix it

Last edited by MMGT1 : 02-04-2014 at 11:38 AM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Fix it then sell it to Nate for $800

The stalling out drops the price to 650
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #11
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

Seems to be fine now, I hadnt driven for about a week.