My friend keeps telling me that it will be easy to hit 15's with these mods:
Secret Cams
2.3l Intake manifold
2.3l TB
Intake
Borla exaust
Underdrive pulley
B&M Shiftplus
Carbon Fiber hood (just weight reduction, although with my kit it probably evens out)
and I am thinking about puting some grippy tires on my stock 15" steelies for the track, my 18's are not that heavy, but the stock 15's I think are a little bit lighter.

I tell him that theres no way, but he won't have it, I have the auto tranny. Tell me what you guys think
Old 04-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
add some headers and I think you will be good to go.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #3
|Rev|

^ haha funny story right... I sold the headers I had like 2 months ago because I thought I was selling the alero. But I got in the wreck and ended up keeping the alero
Old 04-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #4
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
well depends how far into the 15's you wanna go....last year stock i hit a 16.1 with my 18's on it....this year with exhaust, intake, and stock wheels i should hit high 15's no prob...

but with all that, i'd say you should
Old 04-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #5
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
yeah you'll get into the 15's. how far i couldnt tell ya. possibly mid to high 15's. the auto tranny doesnt waste a significant amount of power so you'll be ok, especially with the B&M. be sure to post some slips when you hit the track
Old 04-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
sc/alero

remember he is at 6000 ft.

rev we are going wed night for test and tune night you should come down

last year someone had the same car and springs built the motor and the best he could get at the time was in the 16's i believe. i know he is still a member on here so he should be able to tell you. the alt kills us here
Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
|Rev|

^ yeah no kidding, I can't wed man, sorry, the first time I bet I will get down to the track will be for the high school drags. And if I can't hit them up here, hopeufly I will next summer when I'm in pensicola Florida
Old 04-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
it is possible at close to sea level. but being you have the body kit which add more downforce onto the car then i would say 15.8-15.9 would be probably the best you could do.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #9
|Rev|

^ I would be happy if I hit a 15 period...
Old 04-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah I would say yes but at 6000 feet, I don't know

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #11
sc/alero

Rev i hope you can do it it would be cool to see you do it but look at it like this.
the guy i race with bought springs S/C before he added it to it the best he would get was a 15.9 16.0 and that was with a V-6 no mods.
i am sure it can be done but i am thinking you might need a little more than what you have done already. some people do suprise others
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 PM   #12
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by sc/alero@Apr 25 2005, 04:35 PM
Rev i hope you can do it it would be cool to see you do it but look at it like this.
the guy i race with bought springs S/C before he added it to it the best he would get was a 15.9 16.0 and that was with a V-6 no mods.
i am sure it can be done but i am thinking you might need a little more than what you have done already. some people do suprise others
yeah, hopefully i will be able to keep up/ pull a stock v6, but well see. And look at it like this, if this doesn't get me into the 15's Ill just have to mod the motor more, I WILL hit 15's by the end of summer
Old 04-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #13
sc/alero

that is the way you do it. keep going until you make it. it gives you something to strive for

GOOD LUCK i am sure i will see you there
Old 04-26-2005, 02:13 AM   #14
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally posted by sc/alero@Apr 25 2005, 11:16 AM
remember he is at 6000 ft.

woah...yeah i guess 6000ft asl would make a big difference.... i missed the location the first time. still....some real good mods. make a few runs and see how you do
Old 04-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|+Apr 25 2005, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(|Rev| @ Apr 25 2005, 07:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sc/alero@Apr 25 2005, 04:35 PM
yeah, hopefully i will be able to keep up/ pull a stock v6, but well see. And look at it like this, if this doesn't get me into the 15's Ill just have to mod the motor more, I WILL hit 15's by the end of summer
[/b][/quote]

i keeped up and in some cases pulled v-6 even with little modded v-6 with my car last year. so this year should put me over the top so i would say with those mods you would be right there with the v-6.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #16
darksun280

yeah i don't see why not i pulled a 15.46 with the mods in my sig and i weigh 240 pounds. if i took out my spare and one of my 185 pound friends drive the car it would get even better. granted i live in new york so thats sea level
Old 05-02-2005, 10:48 PM   #17
|Rev|

Just added a new mod to the list,
My friend is going to wyo-tech up in wyoming, and his friend there is gonna do a good port and polish job on my car!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #18
ilikesubarus

yeah josh i think you will be able to make 15's by high school drags i know it. and i keep forgeting to set up an interview with the machine shop. should i wait till you have the money? also i have interviews with the lithia dealer ship tomarrow ... wish me luck. ill talk to you later. by the way change ur gay voice message.