Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i would... but i'm just not a fan of having an amp wall... i'll have to get some cheap mdf, and take a look... see which i like better.
Got you! I like the idea of an amp wall cause it keeps the amps concealed when the trunk is up. Have you thought about getting any of those kick panels?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:43 PM   #22
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
not really. passanger side i wouldn't mind, but driver's side, where the kick panel would be, is right where my foot commonly rests. i think my leg would consistantly be killing volume/quality and it'd get coated in salt/mud from my shoes. i'd rather keep them concealed inside the door.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #23
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
could even make a little amp rack in the trunk but have the wires hidden (and we both know your good at that!) so it will look a little sharper, just a thought
Old 03-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #24
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
i do have a little space between my box and the magnets for the 6x9s... so its a possibility.

but what i'm really thinking, is to put two small hinges on the sides of my box, and a piece of wood on each, angling back to the back of the trunk, then mount the amps on the outside of those pieces... so when you look in, you'd just see gray carpet, but if i need to work on any wiring, or check something, i can hinge back back so they are flush with the back of the box....

only problem with that would be how would i get them to stay in the fixed "out" location... hmm...

is it me, or do i take a relatively easy project and make it WAY more complicated?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
is it me, or do i take a relatively easy project and make it WAY more complicated?

chris, i've noticed that with you since you showed me how to properly make LED tubes lol
Old 03-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #26
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I had a friend here that made a false floor for his car, and all he did was make a template of the trunk floor, and cut out two pieces, then boxed them in and put a hinged lid on it with two pad locks on the front. The whole thing was carpeted and the amps and brains of his system were mounte in there. The best part is that he still had access to the spare tire, by taking out the box and removing the power and signal wires. When you looked in the car it just looked like there was a box in there. I however don't have the time on patiences to tackle a project like that. I dont' think you made it more complicated but its hard to come up with something that works and is asthetically pleasing as well.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #27
cherrington17
Gone

yeah.... hence.... more complicated. i COULD just put two pieces of wood in there, move the amps, run the wire and put in the speakers. but it'd look "noob-ish" and that'd make me want to cry.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
yeah.... hence.... more complicated. i COULD just put two pieces of wood in there, move the amps, run the wire and put in the speakers. but it'd look "noob-ish" and that'd make me want to cry.
Ha Ha Ha! Yeah you got a point about that. You could even add a bigger piece of wood to the back of the speaker box and attach them that way.....when its all said and done its what ever works for you that is the best. Did you get crossovers and stuff with those speakers and where are you going mount those?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #29
cherrington17
Gone

yes, crossovers are in the box (they are in the top right of the pics) i'm putting one under each seat. buring the wiring under the carpet. i've ran wires through the door rubber hosing (between door and frame) before, and i'd rather do that then have the xover rust up/short inside the door....
Old 03-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

This is sort of what I'm talking about cherry, of course this would be made in shape of our trunk and be carpeted so that it blends in with the rest of the trunk, and hinge up when you need to work on it. This isn't my friends though just one I found on the internet.

Last edited by lonnie : 03-29-2008 at 10:21 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #31
cherrington17
Gone

looks good... but its a little too fancy. i'm trying to go for the effect of making it look completely stock, and still keep a decent amount of space. as it stands, the sides are just wasted space anyway (near the wheel wells)

but who knows... i might end up going that way anyway.

i'd LIKE to get it to all fit into my spare compartment, since i don't even have a jack, and my subs are sitting on part of it. (i get a flat, and i gotta call someone) but i think my amps are too big to fit down in there....
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #32
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Oh well I didn't know that you weren't using your spare tire. Hell there are a few more options available then, maybe just making a floor for the bottom of it then simply mounting the amps and stuff in there. If I didn't have these rims thats the way I would go, but due to the high possibility of a tire going bad then I have to have that. The box above would still give you space cause the box would sit on top of it and the whole thing it self wouldn't be much taller then the amps..just enough room for air flow and running cables, and would fill the bottom of the trunk up looking like the floor...at least thats the theory...lol. All those lights and plexi aren't necessary just what this guy chose to do.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #33
cherrington17
Gone

thats the thing.... i don't think the amps will fit in the spare-hole. they are each about 15-17" wide...

i'll have to look and find out.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #34
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
thats the thing.... i don't think the amps will fit in the spare-hole. they are each about 15-17" wide...

i'll have to look and find out.
Alright but in those you have alot of vertical real estate if you know what I mean, so you could stack them not exactly together but sometimes here I have to stack radios because there isn't enough space. I'll draw it up and post it tonight to give you an idea. If it were my project I would cut out a single piece of wood to fit in the bottom, and attach that to the trunk, and if I were concerned about drilling or screwing into the trunk then I would cout it so that it was very snug at the bottom, then I would mount one amp to the wood then make bracket out of two piece's of metal strap that attach to the wood but lifts above the other amp and mount to the bracket.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #35
cherrington17
Gone

again, i'm not entirely sure, cuz the amps are rather tall as well.... probably around 10" (both amps are HUGE. ) i gotta go out and measure the spare-hole

i just got some cheap mdf board, so that'll be easy... i just need to find out HOW/WHERE. lol

and i might throw some cathodes in there just for fun, since have 2 pairs sitting in my room....
Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #36
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Yeah I dont know off the top of my head either but I will look as well when I do my headlights either this afternoon or tomorrow. Damn Cherry LOL what do you got DJ amps. They may not fit in there.

Last edited by lonnie : 03-28-2008 at 01:09 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #37
cherrington17
Gone

this page has pics of the amp i'm putting in...
http://miami.craigslist.org/pts/619746262.html

and the sub amp...
http://www.tvsdepot.com/image.php?id=39536&s=3
dimensions: 11.5"W x 2.3"H x 17"L

the first is about the same size as the 2nd... yes... they are big.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #38
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
this page has pics of the amp i'm putting in...
http://miami.craigslist.org/pts/619746262.html

and the sub amp...
http://www.tvsdepot.com/image.php?id=39536&s=3
dimensions: 11.5"W x 2.3"H x 17"L

the first is about the same size as the 2nd... yes... they are big.
Wow they are big That first one looks like alot of heat sink, cant really make out the size of the second one but I'll take your word on it. I think they will fit! The second one is about the size of my Kenwood excelon as far as the foot print is concerned, and I know I can fit that one in there.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #39
cherrington17
Gone

well if yours fits, i guess i could just make a 2 tier box type support, and put a cpu fan or two in there for ventilation...

hmm... that'll save space, and time....

and the first is optimus. company is dead (technically) its an old radioshack brand, actually made by pioneer for them. its UNDERRATED at 400W. actually puts out near 500. which is just unheard of in todays terms.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #40
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
well if yours fits, i guess i could just make a 2 tier box type support, and put a cpu fan or two in there for ventilation...

hmm... that'll save space, and time....

and the first is optimus. company is dead (technically) its an old radioshack brand, actually made by pioneer for them. its UNDERRATED at 400W. actually puts out near 500. which is just unheard of in todays terms.
Well good luck with that cant wait to see pics.