Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #101
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
damn work computers! double post
Old 06-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #102
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
^ i thought about that. but it should have plenty of clearance. hmm... maybe i underestimated how far out it'll "pop" but that'll definitely be fixed on the second install. (oh, and SHOOSH! we're not all pro installers. )

and to get them out isn't too bad. just unsolder the tabs and disconnect the xovers. the speaker adapter plates can stay in place, just the speaker needs to come out. no biggie. and in between, maybe i'll put 2 leds behind each speaker grille, so it glows.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #103
cherrington17
Gone

whelp... finally got them back. (not the same ones, i got a whole new set.)

i looked at it, and i don't have enough room to mount leds (w/o the speaker shaking them like crazy and making the light "wiggle" ) and i did look at the mounting holes and i was WAY off on the driver's side. so i drilled new ones. i'm excited to have good sound back again. (or sound period)
Old 07-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #104
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
whelp... finally got them back. (not the same ones, i got a whole new set.)

i looked at it, and i don't have enough room to mount leds (w/o the speaker shaking them like crazy and making the light "wiggle" ) and i did look at the mounting holes and i was WAY off on the driver's side. so i drilled new ones. i'm excited to have good sound back again. (or sound period)
Congrats! We want pics, and you are not allowed to have any more gremlins this year....lol
Old 07-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #105
cherrington17
Gone

pfft. gremlins already took a caliper. i gotta redo them in a week or so. my pads are deteriorating, and my rotors are pretty warped/pitted... and i veer right pretty good when braking. So i have a friend at work helping me redo pretty much the whole brake system.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #106
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I need new rear pads..I peeked when I was getting my new tires on. Damn gremlins, and the best part is one of my rims is bent on the inside.....I'm about to put some skies on my car, cause I'm sick of dealing with tires and rims. LOL well when you do the speakers throw up some pics!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #107
cherrington17
Gone

having issues w/ those damn speakers... see the quick help thread....