Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 08-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #21
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
sell me the blue one, you have what I want, now sell it to me!!
NEVER! lol.

After all these years, I still love my color. Thats why I bought my car in the first place. Now I'v mod'd to much to stop. Just cant put that ho down. lol.

Will post more pics we took of the cars soon.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i like, gotta get lower

like this
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Love that look but, I must say Easy Street's bags are not even close to Ride Tech's when it come to performance. It's really hard to beat when they come with QA1 struts...
Old 08-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #24
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
bdyman-

I'll be very close to that once i get the front modded to allow me to sit the car down all the way. As it sits now i can deflate the rear bags completely but i have to leave around 20psi in the front bags to avoid damaging stuff. Hopefully I should get another 1" lower (hopefully more) once the mod is done up front.
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #25
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
i had to shave off the inner front fender lips on mine to tuck up front, might need to do that

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #26
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
i had to shave off the inner front fender lips on mine to tuck up front, might need to do that

Thanks for the idea but i actually don't need to do that ... I will clear them even with my perfect alignment. Just gotta modify the fender liner and possibly roll a piece of metal above the liner and then I will be able to sit it all the way down.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #27
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSweat83 View Post
NEVER! lol.

After all these years, I still love my color. Thats why I bought my car in the first place. Now I'v mod'd to much to stop. Just cant put that ho down. lol.

Will post more pics we took of the cars soon.

then post more pics so I can stare at it more!!!

anyway I want to do basically the same thing. Only spray the factory blue that is very similar to what you have and through on the AED kit and cowl hood onto a two door and maked sure it has a 3400
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #28
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
what i did was i cut the pinch weld off of the upper frame rail, and modified the fender liner, there are 2 parts of the liner i cut the rear liner in half and cut the front 3/4 off
and i cut a mounting tab off for the liner and what you see is the end result
but im sending richie my struts, so his shop can modify the struts so i can sit lower, there is more room to go and i will get lower
Old 08-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #29
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
what i did was i cut the pinch weld off of the upper frame rail, and modified the fender liner, there are 2 parts of the liner i cut the rear liner in half and cut the front 3/4 off
and i cut a mounting tab off for the liner and what you see is the end result
but im sending richie my struts, so his shop can modify the struts so i can sit lower, there is more room to go and i will get lower

Nice ... Looking forward to see that

Anyway, the first things are what I am doing within the next couple weeks to the front.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #30
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
^I wanna see as well
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Derek: I will send you pics of what you need to do to get lower in the front.

hok666: I will post more today.

bdyman: Are we changing location where the struts mount to the knuckle?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #32
bdyman
GLS member

yes correct, he is going to change the mounting locations, the engine cradle is a inch from the ground, and there is more room at the tire to the upper frame rail and in the rear wheel house,

so when hes done the car will basiclly be sitting on the tires and the engine cradle will be on the ground, or i could just do a body drop but thats to much work and modifying the struts is the cheaper alternitive
Old 08-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
bdyman
GLS member

oh strydr if ya need help contact me for cell number
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #34
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
yes correct, he is going to change the mounting locations, the engine cradle is a inch from the ground, and there is more room at the tire to the upper frame rail and in the rear wheel house,

so when hes done the car will basiclly be sitting on the tires and the engine cradle will be on the ground, or i could just do a body drop but thats to much work and modifying the struts is the cheaper alternitive
I want to see this. Its easy to change the location with the ride tech struts but, I cant get any lower so it doesnt matter. If I try'd the strut would be resting on the CV boot. lol

BTW: This also means no kit as well.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #35
bdyman
GLS member

the mounting tab is just welded on to the strut, i could do it but the shop he works for does this kinda work so why not have it sent out
Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #36
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
the mounting tab is just welded on to the strut, i could do it but the shop he works for does this kinda work so why not have it sent out
Agreed. When are you looking to get them back?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #37
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

More pics as promised...

Derek you should post the one's from my driveway. Those came out nice 2.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #38
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSweat83 View Post
Derek you should post the one's from my driveway. Those came out nice 2.

Will do ... I gotta go to a family function so it will be later tonight though.

Bdyman-

Thanks man ... If I run into any issues that NoSweat can't solve then I'll let you know.

Steve-

I'll send you a PM with my email address so you can send those photos to.