Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-26-2005, 02:35 PM   #61
jiffy

I still need some help with that extended battery terminal, because I know its not supposed to look like how I have it set up right now...
Old 04-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #62
snake_eyes2

Quote:
Originally posted by jiffy@Apr 25 2005, 03:24 PM
Also, I couldn't figure out how to get the original battery post out, so look at what the retard me had to do. How the hell do I get the post out (second pic).

Don't bother taking the post out, The easiest way to connect the battery to the amp is to just open the fuse cover under the hood (next to the airbox). There is a power wire run right there, unbolt (7mm) and put your crimp ring around that.

Old 04-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #63
snake_eyes2

I can post a pc after work today, wait until 6pm MST

Ciao
Old 04-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #64
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by snake_eyes2+Apr 26 2005, 07:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snake_eyes2 @ Apr 26 2005, 07:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jiffy@Apr 25 2005, 03:24 PM
Also, I couldn't figure out how to get the original battery post out, so look at what the retard me had to do.Â;-) How the hell do I get the post out (second pic).

Don't bother taking the post out, The easiest way to connect the battery to the amp is to just open the fuse cover under the hood (next to the airbox). There is a power wire run right there, unbolt (7mm) and put your crimp ring around that.

[/b][/quote]
If your using more then 8 guage wire then this isnt something that you want to do... that wire powers the enitre car... for all your power devices. DO NOT run power wire for amps from here... Go directly from the batt.

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #65
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
You need to get something like this.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/STRBTGMT?ref=prgr
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:48 PM   #66
jiffy

jamcllw - yea, ive got that (check my pic on the previous page). I have it hooked up completely wrong right now, but it works. I need to do it the right way though because this looks bum.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:51 PM   #67
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
You need to cut off the rubber around the the stock battery cable. Put it next to the battery and screw in the first part and then put on the power wire for the amp on the end.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote