Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 04-22-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well i finially replace the motor/tranny mount with a stiffer one. not sure how much of a difference yet because got to let everything seal back up. replacing this mount with the 2.3 manifold.............SUCKS. got to remove the TB and if you were to remove the manifold it would be easier but screw that. too much extra work.

after i got my stock mount off i found it to have 2 huge crack all the way thru it. damn thing is almost broke.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
here is the new one which is one the springs did with polyurethane

it is a 3400 mount (like the same one from RSM)
Old 04-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

some of the install pics
Old 04-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
Niuce job and good pics.... i should(hopefully) be getting the same thing except its an RKsport on from alerospeed2003.... he hasn't replyed to any of my post and i still have dibs on them.... he said they were new.... Once i get my intake manifold from steve, hopefully alerospeed gets back to me before i get it installed....
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

well i got the car out yesterday and it makes a big difference. motor moves a lot less. inside the the car it reminds me of solid motor mounts.

there be a lot of you that would not like this mod due to fact of the added vibration but for anyone doing a lot of performance mods it is almost a must.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #6
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Apr 23 2006, 04:36 PM
well i got the car out yesterday and it makes a big difference. motor moves a lot less. inside the the car it reminds me of solid motor mounts.

there be a lot of you that would not like this mod due to fact of the added vibration but for anyone doing a lot of performance mods it is almost a must.
Glad you have joined the club and like it Scot.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #7
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
i just injected mine with polyurethane caulking, and yes, you do see a little less transfer of energy lost. i'm wondering how much better a solid is than an injected.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:46 AM   #8
Oldsman
Owner

it is better wit keeping the motor still and transfering power to the ground. but also it transfers a lot more vibration in the steering wheel and dash......for that fact the whole car.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:59 AM   #9
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
It would be better to make a motor mount solid by using a urethane casting compound from McMaster-Carr ( http://www.mcmaster.com/ ) rather than use caulking.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:08 AM   #10
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
motor tranny mount huh? Probably not gonna work with my manual...
Old 04-24-2006, 07:22 AM   #11
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Apr 23 2006, 11:36 AM

glad to hear that it worked out good
Old 04-24-2006, 07:32 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Apr 24 2006, 12:08 AM

nope manuals use a different mount.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:21 AM   #13
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

Where did you find this motor mount at? I heard that RKsport is the only kind that will fit......
Old 04-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #14
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
Originally posted by battistoni21@Apr 24 2006, 12:21 PM
Where did you find this motor mount at? I heard that RKsport is the only kind that will fit......
RSM. I dont believe that any other mounts work.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

RK Sport mounts will NOT work. they are for j-body and they use different mounts.

the RSM mount for the 3400 is THE ONLY mount that will work on a 2.4 auto.

Do not listen to anybody else on this. they are dumbasses and don't know crap about our cars, PERIOD. And you can quote me on that too.

i got mine off ebay. which was done by springs (of APOC).
Old 04-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #16
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

i have an extra set of mounts sitting here that i plan on filling in. what process should i use? i'm looking to sell them if someone is interested.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:21 PM   #17
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
Originally posted by 2fst4u@Apr 24 2006, 11:14 PM
i have an extra set of mounts sitting here that i plan on filling in. what process should i use? i'm looking to sell them if someone is interested.
I have been looking into trying to get the rear trans and upper motor mounts draw up in cad here at school. The engineering dept has a machine shop here on capmus so it is possible to get the metal part done and will just have to research options for the intection so, pm me a price.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #18
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

here's the ones i have right now. i also have the other tranny mount, just no motor mount. pm me an offer, i have no idea what these will go for.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #19
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman+Apr 24 2006, 05:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oldsman @ Apr 24 2006, 05:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fast Eddie@Apr 24 2006, 12:08 AM

nope manuals use a different mount.
[/b][/quote]
especially not with the 282 :hide:
Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 AM   #20
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

Scot, the tranny mount that you did.... is it front, rear, or both? i'm a little confused on this