Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-14-2004, 05:51 PM   #1
leeselyn

Hi , I am new here, I am having a problem with my CD player, I dont know if I am even asking this in the right place but I am desprate for an answer.
First off I have a 2001 Alero , just a GL I think, it has the RDS radio but I pulled back almost the whole rug in the trunk and have yet to find an amp. so I am guessing I dont have one .
anyhow, two weeks ago , I had to replace the blower motor for the heater , after that my heater worked but my radio started acting up, everytime I go over a bump my cd player skips and then shuts off , says check cd on the radio , now even at a stand still the cd player will work for about five min. and then shut off, says check cd. I am thinking maybe I pulled something or shorted something out , I dont even know where to start, has anyone else had this problem? Please help me , I dont have enough $$ to get a whole new HU. I have a Sony explode in stock , but if I am reading things here right an aftermarket is a hassel to put in , never mind the cost. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Maybe the laser needs to be cleaned.

Try one of those cleaning CD's

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
dadirtybulldog

when you remove the cd... is it hot to the touch???..... if so, whoever installed your blower either didn't do it right orforgot to re-attach something...
Old 06-15-2004, 12:50 AM   #4
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
stock radio right?

otherwise i'd say loose wire... :rolleyes:

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:53 AM   #5
misslindseysue

There was a TSB about the radio for my 2000. I don't know if it applies to 2001 or not. It was an AC vent that blew on the CD, caused condensation, and made it skip and turn off.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:45 PM   #6
dadirtybulldog

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Jun 15 2004, 06:53 AM
There was a TSB about the radio for my 2000. I don't know if it applies to 2001 or not. It was an AC vent that blew on the CD, caused condensation, and made it skip and turn off.
during the summer, while i'm running the ac, i experience a similar problem... it's really annoying, but not bad enough to be a big deal
Old 06-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #7
leeselyn

Thank u all for your answers! that was fast.
The cds arnt hot , just warm to the touch when they come out, it is a stock radio , and it may have been me who messed it up when I put the heater blower back in , I had to do it myself and I am a novice at car stuff , especially new ones , whoever owned the car before me had put a screw in there that was about a half inch too long I didnt know if when I took it out I messed something up, because this thing started right after that , the cd player works fine in the am when I start the car up for about a half hour it works while driving , then I hit a bump even a crack in the road and it is gone for most of the day , I may get a song or two out of it during the day ( I drive a lot on my job) so I am constantly trying to get it to work. Do these radios have a heat sheild or something I might have moved or uncovered by accident? Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #8
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
my stock deck worked great for like a day or two, then i ghettoed in the old pioneer deck

was constantly skipping even new cd's

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote