Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #1
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Ever since i repaired the LIM the car runs great everythin is good. The only issue i have is that when the car idles roughly 8oorpm's the car seems to chug and the revs bounce...ny clue how to fix did i make a mistake....idle relearn maybe...
Help please bob
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:36 AM   #2
jbilyeu

It could be a few things, spark plugs, wires, loose rocker arms (that is what was wrong with me after I did it.), or loose manifolds. It doesn't mean completely loose, but maybe not tightened to spec.

What did you tighten your upper intake bolts to, your lower bolts to, and your rocker arms to?

Jon
Old 02-21-2005, 09:29 AM   #3
leroBob
GLS member

i forget what i tightend them too but io double chec all tightningss to make sure they were spec....that i know plus i replaced plugs and wires while i was at it.....
Old 02-21-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
jbilyeu

so did I, it is alot easier to replace those back ones when half the motor is off. Did you use anti seize and silicone grease? You might want to check all your plugs and wires, make sure everything is good to go. I really am running out of ideas. ANYONE ELSE????
Old 02-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
Arsonalero

i dont know if this would help but check your intake... cuz if it isnt put back together tight it will lose pressure and idle low maybe even stall out... i learn when i got my car back from getting the new crate motor back in and the mechanic didnt put my intake back on tight...
Old 02-22-2005, 12:24 AM   #6
leroBob
GLS member

that maybe it causze today a high pitch wisseling noise began to accomany it im startin to worry any ideas?
Old 02-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #7
jbilyeu

Get that thing to shop. If it is making that noise, you need to get it checked out, it could be something bad. These things can make your life hell, for instance if you don't put your, oh god, I can't think of the name of the part, the part right next to the rocker arms little rods, hell why can't I think of the name? Anyway, if you don't put them back right in the correct order and such, you can bend valves, rocker arms, and the cam. I doubt that is the problem, but I would just take it in like I did and have them take a quick look. I am glad I did the LIM myself though, I learned a great deal when doing it, especially not to do stuff like that on no sleep, which is why me and my friend forgot to tighten down the rocker arm. Luckily, no damage done.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #8
germ

if your can ran fine while driving and only stumbled at idle and then a day or two later you hear a whistling sound, you got a vacum leak bud.

double check ALL vacume AND intake tubes/clamps/hoses, etc. ESPECIALLY that stupid plastic tube that runs to the rear valve cover.

also double check and make sure you pluged in ALL of the electrical poop. MAF, IAC, AIT, TPS, MAP, EVAP, Coil packs, etc...
Old 02-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #9
leroBob
GLS member

thanks everyonew tomorow befor work ill do they old carb cleaner trick to find the leak....so ill keep u updatied o btw the wissiling changes as i gas it..
Old 02-23-2005, 09:12 AM   #10
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by leroBob@Feb 22 2005, 05:04 PM
o btw the wissiling changes as i gas it..
vacume leak :thumbsup: