Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-03-2003, 05:49 PM   #21
aLeRogrL21
GL Member

aLeRogrL21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to aLeRogrL21
If your a regular customer at a dealership, most of them are really cool and will pay for some of your charges on certain items--warranty or not!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:33 PM   #22
99ALERO

I had all my oil changes done so they cant say its my fault. Ill try the number and see what happens from there! Thanks misslindseysue :cheers:
Old 12-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #23
Zerocool

Quote:
Originally posted by vulgar display of oldsmobile+Dec 1 2003, 12:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vulgar display of oldsmobile @ Dec 1 2003, 12:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zerocool@Nov 24 2003, 10:24 AM

Also had to replace steering intermediate shaft like 3 or 4 times. I noticed when sitting still and engine running that when I turned the wheel back and forth real quick, not all the way just you were swerving a little on the road, that I feel and hear it "knocking." I know you will always feel something in there, but mine was really bad.

yeah ive got a very noticeablre thumping noise as well...Youre saying its the steering intermediate shaft...I brought this proble to the dealerships attention a bnch of fuggin times and those mofo's never found shyt.

at least i now know what it is [/b][/quote]
Wow am I out of it. I just now spotted this post. :huh?: but yeah, I had that thing replaced like 4 times during warantee and is doing it again, but no warantee so we'll see. It hasn't really gotten any worse, but I keep an eye on it every day.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:47 AM   #24
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
My 99 has 40k miles and the only problems I've had with it in the year I've owned it was the intake gasket (failed emission test is when I learned about it). And the Alternator blew out on Tuesday. Wouldn't start untill I started sweet talking it. "Come on baby, daddy loves you, please start". And then it cranked less. "Goddamnit you whore, start you fuggin bitch!" *Vrrrom!* "Thats right, I wear the pants!" :P

I should have known the alternator was going, last week I noticed my headlights were getting brighter when I got on the gas. Oh well, no harm no foul. I had some nasty whirring noises at idle and whenever I took a turn ever since I got the car, but those went away when I got the new alternator.
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:56 AM   #25
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
Hi. I also have the v6, and its at 45,000 miles. Is a tune recommended for these cars, and when would be a good time?
Old 12-05-2003, 08:45 AM   #26
misslindseysue

You're welcome, 99, good luck.

StockAlero00, there's not a tune recommended before 50,000 miles. It should all be in your owner's manual.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:03 AM   #27
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Hopeing I beat the leaking manifold gasket, I replace my manifold (upper and lower) and TB with a ported and polished kit from RSM racing. Added a good amount of power for about $400, after core chagre of course

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 03:50 AM   #28
jwth2005

Well... im glad i came acros this...

I bought my alero with 100,000 miles on it.... Its a 2000... And so far these are the problems i have.... When i got the car my drivers side electric windo will not work... And i have yet to fix that.... and since i have had it i have also had the turn signal problem(BTW will they really fix this for free????). and as of current my car has been loosing coolant.... Now i talked to one of my friends about it and he says water pump but since the intake has been an issue with some of your cars im curious if this could be a problem with mine....lets see what other problems are there... Well i can honestly say someone knocked the poop out of my stock Headunit as it plays CD's when it wants to. Never had the starting problem *knock on wood*. but all in all i love the car... The car will get up and go when i want it ti and in my book is a great project car... BTW is someone still working on that OSV body kit ive heard about??? But thats it And if anybody has ANY info on whats up with my cars coolant problems please LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!

Jeremy
Old 02-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #29
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
they'll fix the turn signal for free, just call and make a apointment, tell them you believe there's a recall that hasn't been performed on your car, they might ask for your vin. when they have it in, ask them if they can look at the coolant leak, tell them you suspect lower intake manifold gasket

i hate how my car has to crank for like 3 seconds sometimes, or more.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #30
jbilyeu

My wheel speed sensor went a couple weeks back, how much of a biatch is it to change?
Old 02-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #31
alero440
GLS member

alero440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero440 Send a message via MSN to alero440 Send a message via Yahoo to alero440
I had my intake gasket replaced at 56,000 (under warranty luckily) because it was starting to go. The guy that owned it before me had both hub and bearing assemblies replaced before I bought it so that saved a lot of money. I have been told that when you get the GM 3.4 th first thing you should do is replace that lower intake gasket because it is junk. If you're pretty good with tools and motors, it should take about 4 hours. Or you can take it to a dealership where they will keep the car for two days and let it sit on the hoist in the air like they did mine. I also have the crank problem, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. My boyfriend gets pissed when he drives my car cuz he doesn't let it crank enough. He says the cars junk, I tell him its user error.

RIP OMGGMPOWAH 04/09/04-10/29/07

2003 Mazda 6s- redfire metallic- loaded and ready for fun!

"This bitch is drunk!" -me about myself at Killbear Prov. Park '07

alero440 is offline   Reply With Quote