Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #21
1WhiteOSV

i'm talking in terms of cost though......the mini afc is $160 but it's gonna cost over $100 for a shop to tune and test on a dyno....so i might get the PRO-M and see how it goes..i contacted the company selling it and they said I can return it if I'm not happy. Hell, why not get it then?
Old 03-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #22
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
exactly! i told you dude!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #23
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Mar 2 2005, 11:05 AM
i'm talking in terms of cost though......the mini afc is $160 but it's gonna cost over $100 for a shop to tune and test on a dyno....so i might get the PRO-M and see how it goes..i contacted the company selling it and they said I can return it if I'm not happy. Hell, why not get it then?
wow, not saying you havent looked around, but the mini afc's can be found VERY often for LESS than $100 on www.clubgp.com

just do NOT get the 1.0, the 1.1 is better and the 2.2 is best, but the 2.1 is fine as well.

as for dyno tuning. if you have to make more than 3 pulls on the dyno to tune in your a/f ratio, then obviously there is something wrong with the user or the car.

the dyno tech does not need to do anything but run your car, they dont tune it, they cant, you just move the % on the AFC.

so lets recap....

AFC 1.1 ~$50 shipped or AFC 2.1 ~$80-100 shipped (used of course and i bet you could find better prices too)

3 dyno pulls should NOT cost over $75, hell an hour should not cost over $100 EVER. most places charge 2 pulls for $50-60, or 3 for $75-90.

so if your lucky and look around for the best deals, your gonna get an AFC and dyno time for less than $150. hell you could even street tune it for free and it would only cost you as much as you spend on the AFC.

dont get the pro-m, seriously, its really a waste of money
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
1WhiteOSV

clubgp has ZERO 2.2's (what I want)....only used 1.0's and 1.1's and one 2.0 w/o a cover for the buttons. I talked to the shop here in town and it'd be $130 for however many pulls it'll take to get the right a/f ratio on the miniafc. And yes, it would be considered "tuning" when they're adjusting the mini-afc..i didn't mean literally ECU tuning. I'm still in the $300 ballpark w/ this....i am undecided. I love the fact I can just return the MAF if i dont like it....
Old 03-04-2005, 08:42 AM   #25
germ

is there a reason why you want them to click the button on the afc?

seriously, its not hard and they should not have to touch your car other than to put it on the dyno and press the gas.

if your paying them to change the % on the afc, well, thats just plain silly and i would go to another dyno shop.

i know all dyno places are not the same price, but for $130 here in MN will get you 2 hours of dyno time, 2 large pizza's delivered including tip, 2 cases of pop/beer, a bag of dro, and 30 bux still in your pocket.

my buddy just went to the dyno, 3 pulls for $65 WITH wideband O2, my other buddy paid for 1 hour with wideband O2 for $80 and got in 13 pulls and still had 10 mins left.

like i said before, if you have to go more than 3 pulls to dial in your a/f ratio with the afc, your doing something wrong, seriously.

and about the AFC thing on clubgp, give it a week, they will come and go quickly so you have to watch the ads.

but hey, its your money and you spend it as you wish, im just trying to give you some friendly advice and help steer you away from what i would consideer and what many others would consider a bad investment.

one quick question..... how man high HP GM FWD cars do you see have the pro m maf or granetelli? VERY few if any, i cant think of any, and especialy when the guys that do all the tuning for gm v6's say they are a waste and skew your pcm like does, it provides no real improvement and can cause more harm than good, i tend to believe the people that have seen what kind of signals that thing sends.

hell, your in peoria, IL, get ahold of charles and DHP and have him tune your car for $215, you'll be happier in the long run this way.