Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-01-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, since I put my S&S on, Ive been having some performance issues. When the motor is cold, or barely warm, when I floor it, it feels like its being restricted as it revs up, untill it hits 5,000 rpm, and then it pushes me back in the seat like it just freed up whatever was restricting it. Like a sudden power burst. Also, I'm having some wierd idleing. It will surge back and forth by about 200-300 rmp and sometimes stall if warm and I try to start it. My Check engine light came on afterwards, and it was because of the front O2 sensor. I replaced it with a new one, and was still having the same issues. So today I went to Advance, and scanned it. Here is what it brought up from the history (my SES light came on again the other day and then went out recently, so I figured something would be stored in the memory) This is a bit lengthy, but here goes......

History DTC P0135
O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction
(Bank 1 sensor 1)
MIL NOT REQUESTED
Since IGN NOT RUN
Since Clear P/F

Transient DTC P0172
System Too Rich
(Bank 1)

MIL NOT REQUESTED
Since IGN NOT RUN
Since Clear P/F

Transient DTC P0300
Random/Multiple
Cylinder
Misfire Detected
MIL NOT REQUESTED
Since IGN NOT RUN
Since Clear P/F

Transient DTC P0440
EVAP Emission
Control System
Malfunction
MIL NOT REQUESTED
Since IGN NOT RUN
Since Clear P/F

History DTC P0748
Press Cntrl Sol. A
Circuit Electrical

MIL NOT REQUESTED
Since IGN PASS
Since Clear P/F

Ok, So I have since S&S put on new plugs (stock number) new wires, and a new cat and new O2 sensor. I really feel that I should be getting more power than I am right now. I don't think my car is running right, although does not run bad as if something is extreemly wrong, just not as much power as it should have, I think for having Borla cat back, CAI, and S&S. I realize that this could also be in troubleshooting section, but I am ahving power issues since putting on the S&S and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. Theres a lot of codes that came up and I need to know where to begin, and what can be ignored. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:37 PM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i dunno about the headers, but it could also be a fuel problem, either the pump not pushing enough fuel upfront or just the filter being clogged.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Wildman
GL Member

Sorry I didnt mention, New Fuel Filter also...
Old 03-01-2005, 09:34 PM   #4
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
ok this is a long shot since i dont have headers yet but have been doing some research on them. John(springs) didnt like the fact that on the S&S headers they have the o2 sensor only looking at one bank of the engine..might be why its throwing the rich and misfire codes out. but i also believe someone over at GAGT had a misfire in the front bank and it picked it up. i would look over there and see what their solution was seeing how i can't remember. just my .02

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
Wildman
GL Member

Ok, I found out that the Pressure Ctrl Sol. A is a controller in my transmission. I do have the B&M so I don't know if thats what caused that, or if its because my transmission was slipping because I had my battery disconnected.....
Old 03-04-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
Wildman
GL Member

ARG! SES light came on again the other day....and OUT again today ! Going for another scan tonight.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #7
Wildman
GL Member

So frustrating. Light keeps going on and off. I got the same codes this time as before, except theres no Pressure Ctrl. Sol. error this time.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Wildman
GL Member

Ok, so I was messing around today trying to see if I had a vaccume leak, which I could not find anything. And I decided to unplug my MAF for the heck of it. Started the car, idle was very unusual as expected, but I took it for a quick drive. The gears really shift hard which was also expected, but I noticed that under WOT, I was feeling the same type of restriction that I feel when the car is cold, except instead of opening up at 5,000rpm it was restricted through the whole rev band. Which made me think that maybe its a mixture problem. So I got home, simply plugged the MAF back in and went for another drive. Ran like it usually does without the restricted feel when flooring it. Does the car run extra rich without a MAF hooked up ?? Maybe the problem is that I am running rich all the time. And how do I lean it out a little ??