Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 08-13-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
coredump

I was just wondering if anyone here is using the RSM Racing Intake, and if so what they thought of it. I really like the look of the AEM intake, although I think its mainly the powder coating I like, but its $250US as opposed to $280 CDN for the RSM.

Yes, I've tried searching the forums and I looked through the product reviews but I didnt see anything about this intake.

Also, if I do upgrade the intake is there anything else I should be doing at the same time?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:57 PM   #2
`2000redalero

Hey buddy, if you like the AEM, get it here.

That's where I got mine, grand total shipped= $168.62
Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #3
`2000redalero

Quote:
Originally posted by coredump@Aug 13 2004, 12:30 PM
...Also, if I do upgrade the intake is there anything else I should be doing at the same time?
I'd say go ahead and if you get the aem for price(it's awesome too and sounds good), if you have the dough, go with the 62mm throttle body, then headers, then exhaust...the usual. haha
Old 08-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #4
coredump

Thanks for the site and the info! I appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
i noticed something...say i were to buy one, i have the manual tranny...i need an extra part? what for? :unsure:
Old 08-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
the RSM one is a good intake. it is just prettier.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:31 AM   #7
coredump

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000_olds_alero@Aug 14 2004, 10:37 AM
i noticed something...say i were to buy one, i have the manual tranny...i need an extra part? what for? :unsure:
I've got no idea. I didnt know it was different for the auto and manual.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:44 AM   #8
Spy

you dont need the extra part... I didn't... and I had it once. I also have a manual gear box to boot.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
|Rev|

Quote:
Originally posted by coredump@Aug 13 2004, 05:30 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here is using the RSM Racing Intake, and if so what they thought of it. I really like the look of the AEM intake, although I think its mainly the powder coating I like, but its $250US as opposed to $280 CDN for the RSM.

Yes, I've tried searching the forums and I looked through the product reviews but I didnt see anything about this intake.

Also, if I do upgrade the intake is there anything else I should be doing at the same time?
rsm's prices are in CDN???
Old 08-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #10
coredump

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Aug 15 2004, 11:06 AM
rsm's prices are in CDN???
Uhh... pretty sure the ones I was looking at were CDN. They do have Canadian and US sections to their website.
I did a quick price conversion of the Intake from the US section. Its listed at 210, if you convert that from US to CDN it works out pretty close to the $280 the intake is listed at in the CDN section.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #11
Spy

RSM's intake is hardly the best design out there.

I'll stick w/ a knock off brand, thanks. Or if I wanted a lifetime warranty and CARB exemption, the AEM model.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:38 AM   #12
coredump

Ok, picked up the RSM Intake on Monday. Was going to install it on Monday night but it turns out that my uncle (live with family while I'm saving some money for a house and of course toys for the car now) gave it my socket set away to someone some time ago. So didnt feel like going back out to buy a new set.
Anyway, should be isntalling it tomorrow, or Saturday at the latest.

My question to you folks is, what do I do with the stock intake once I get it off? Did you guys box it up and keep it or did you just toss it?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #13
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
i'd say keep it...that way if u ever get another car with a 2.4, u can put it in :thumbsup:
Old 08-19-2004, 01:50 PM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
mine went into the garbage
Old 08-19-2004, 03:01 PM   #15
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by coredump@Aug 19 2004, 10:38 AM
My question to you folks is, what do I do with the stock intake once I get it off? Did you guys box it up and keep it or did you just toss it?
I say keep it. It may help sell the car later if the new owner wants it.
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
coredump

Quote:
Originally posted by Sundayalero@Aug 19 2004, 03:01 PM
I say keep it. It may help sell the car later if the new owner wants it.
I had thought about that... but I think I'll be keeping this car until its completely, utterly and hopelessly dead, or until I win a lottery... in which case I wont be concerned about selling it.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:33 PM   #17
coredump

Ok... got the intake installed, and I think its even almost done properly. And as soon as I can figure out how to upload my pics here instead of linking back to my own webspace I'll post them.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:38 PM   #18
coredump

wow... what a dumbass I am.... I missed that whole section below that talks about adding an image to my post....
Old 08-19-2004, 10:06 PM   #19
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by coredump@Aug 19 2004, 11:38 PM
wow... what a dumbass I am.... I missed that whole section below that talks about adding an image to my post....
looks like they used the same two pieces of pipe, an elbow, a coupler, a filter, some hose... VIOLA intake!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #20
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like the same piping on my 3400 CAI too...
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote