Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 08-20-2004, 12:43 AM   #21
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
wow...........forgot what the factory intake manifold and throttle body looked like.....................lol

probably if you got one more of those pipes you could do a CAI
Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #22
coredump

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Aug 20 2004, 12:43 AM
wow...........forgot what the factory intake manifold and throttle body looked like.....................lol

Well, glad I could refresh your memory!

Yeah I dont think it would take much to make it a cai from whats there.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #23
bluephoAm

So that's what that is.. PCV bypass hose.. I was trying to figure out what the hell that hose was for right behind the throttle body that was connected to the stock intake when I went to remove the stock intake. What does it do? It would be the blue hose in the picture that you posted. Does crap come out of it? If so, I will have to redo my whole configuration.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #24
fusion
GX Member

fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
RSM is a good company with lots of exciting parts.

HOWEVER... AEM is a much more recognized company with a much larger infastructure
to design, engineer and manufacture certain goods.

In otherwords, one of their specializations is Air Intakes :thumbsup:

So, AEM over RSM.

Likewise, CAI.. over WAI..

Or for some bumz like us, WAI over STOCK BOX

Fusion
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 08:08 AM   #25
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by bluephoAm@Aug 20 2004, 10:14 AM
So that's what that is.. PCV bypass hose.. I was trying to figure out what the hell that hose was for right behind the throttle body that was connected to the stock intake when I went to remove the stock intake. What does it do? It would be the blue hose in the picture that you posted. Does crap come out of it? If so, I will have to redo my whole configuration.
that hose is a blow by hose. you can get a little k&N filter for a breather and put it in the hose. but some systems have it piped back into the tube.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #26
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Aug 19 2004, 10:09 PM
looks like the same piping on my 3400 CAI too...
it isn't exactly the same. my 3400 intakes use a 90 degree bend and a 45 degree bend. it looks like this one uses 2 of the 45 degree bend pieces. However, this isn't a real CAI, it is technically a WAI.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:21 AM   #27
HAZED

anyone got links to the performance parts
for the 2.4
Old 09-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #28
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by coredump@Aug 19 2004, 03:38 PM
My question to you folks is, what do I do with the stock intake once I get it off? Did you guys box it up and keep it or did you just toss it?
if you ever decide to trade your alero in, you can sell all of your mods here if you kept the original stuff to put back on the car.... so that's up to you.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:00 PM   #29
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by HAZED@Sep 25 2004, 09:21 AM
anyone got links to the performance parts
for the 2.4
http://upgrades.aleromod.com/24_dohc_performance.htm
Old 02-11-2005, 11:48 PM   #30
Qcksilver
V.I.P. Member

Qcksilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Qcksilver
Quote:
Originally posted by coredump+Aug 20 2004, 07:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (coredump @ Aug 20 2004, 07:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Oldsman@Aug 20 2004, 12:43 AM

Well, glad I could refresh your memory!

Yeah I dont think it would take much to make it a cai from whats there. [/b][/quote]
what is the benefit from making this into a Cold Air Induction system instead of a Warm Air and where would the filter end go for the cold air system?
Qcksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 03:53 AM   #31
Oldsman
Owner

inside the fender
Old 02-12-2005, 08:05 AM   #32
Qcksilver
V.I.P. Member

you mean along with the tire?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:52 PM   #33
Oldsman
Owner

right by your washer bottle in front of tire and liner.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #34
Qcksilver
V.I.P. Member

oh, ok thanks, and you say its easy to change the filter out right? the liner just come right off and back on again fairly easily.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #35
Oldsman
Owner

yep