Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-12-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
MattismodderX
GLS member

MattismodderX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MattismodderX
Security to protect investments

Anyone know a fool-proof way on how to not have your audio gear stolen (headunit, subs, amp, etc) because it wouldnt be too hard, open car up, pop trunk, open trunk with crowbar, break window, etc so many ways to get around it. any suggestions? (ideas w.o spending ridiculous sums of money)
Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Hot wire shroud the amps?

Maybe something like high intensity piercing sound when a wire is disconnected. Kinda like when I disconnected my capacitor...it has this fail safe on it that was god awful made me drop the thing. I disconnected the power but forgot to discharge and it was loud and high pitched.

Have a good day

Last edited by AGT : 12-12-2008 at 11:18 AM.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
MattismodderX
GLS member

what would make that sound, and where might i buy one?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Direc...oductDetail.do

Have a good day
Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
MattismodderX
GLS member

hmm this seems like a good investment
Old 12-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
TWO WAY ALARM!

When something is faulted, you're alerted remotely and can come say Hi.

Link it to a train horn too for good measure.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
itsbmw

Last edited by itsbmw : 01-04-2023 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
a TRUNK MONKEY!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #9
AGT
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
TWO WAY ALARM!

When something is faulted, you're alerted remotely and can come say Hi.

Link it to a train horn too for good measure.

The train horn is quite an investment plus is takes up some room for the compressor and the remote idea is good but you are not always within 1 mile of your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbmw View Post
Bolt your shit down. Make it so you need a special screw head for amp wires. but some reinforcement shit on your wire.
my security is not blasting my shit when Im pulling into a place I am going to stay. my next step is to make a release for the license plate. that can be released from my alarm remote and also a pull in the car so I can release it myself. How I am going to do this IDK. but I know it's possible.

They can cut amp wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
a TRUNK MONKEY!

Monkey in the trunk with the amps? recipe for disaster

Have a good day
Old 12-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGT View Post
The train horn is quite an investment plus is takes up some room for the compressor and the remote idea is good but you are not always within 1 mile of your car.

GPS Snitch, two way alarm that sends you a text, e-mail, etc. and allows for real time tracking.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
AGT
GLS member

Quote:
GPS Snitch, two way alarm that sends you a text, e-mail, etc. and allows for real time tracking.

I guess I didn't make my point completely clear...You may have to travel back to your car by that time your crap could be gone.

Best Solution no one mentioned: Garage!

Have a good day
Old 12-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
MattismodderX
GLS member

Quote:
I guess I didn't make my point completely clear...You may have to travel back to your car by that time your crap could be gone.

Best Solution no one mentioned: Garage!

garages arent for true gangsters if i ever recieved that text i would immediatly grab a crowbar and run like im being chased by the cops
Old 12-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattismodderX View Post
garages arent for true gangsters if i ever recieved that text i would immediatly grab a crowbar and run like im being chased by the cops

....and you'd still get there long after your stuff is gone.

for a while, i was toying with an idea of how to setup electrified handles or something.... some kind of high voltage deterrent...

the downside is... all easy to get around, and if they aren't, you need a ridiculous amount of voltage/current.... AND you'd end up getting yourself once in a while. fail from all angles.

i'd go with a train horn alarm... or a few pain super tweeters...
Old 12-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
I guess I didn't make my response completely clear... I meant for vehicle theft. There's nothing perfect to prevent vandalism or theft of items within the car. Sucks.

Shaved door handles and trunk would help. High amperage electrical current on exterior of vehicle initiated upon broken glass being sensed.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #15
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
then you need to deal with the dead battery.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
AGT
GLS member

Quote:
I guess I didn't make my response completely clear... I meant for vehicle theft. There's nothing perfect to prevent vandalism or theft of items within the car. Sucks.

Shaved door handles and trunk would help. High amperage electrical current on exterior of vehicle initiated upon broken glass being sensed.

Oh sorry I get ya now... I was sticking with the thread request

Have a good day
Old 12-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:

accidentally trip that system when your refueling....
Old 12-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #18
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
a TRUNK MONKEY!
lol, that monkey works great!

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
then you need to deal with the dead battery.
and a dead intruder. better then a missing system or car
Quote:
accidentally trip that system when your refueling....
man you always gotta throw a wrench in the fun ideas

i saw some dumbass a few weeks ago smoking as he got out of his car at the gas station, then threw the still glowing cig on the ground near the pump

i was hoping it blew up on him
Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #20
dtldiaspora
GX Member

dtldiaspora is on a distinguished road
One of my friends actually bolted his sub box to his trunk, he put the box in the trunk then pulled the speakers out and bolt it down that way - makes it a lot more time consuming if someone wants your subs
dtldiaspora is offline   Reply With Quote