Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Broken bleeder valve

long story short the bold for the bleeder valve for the coolant system snapped the head of it right off so now its stuck in there and i can't bleed the system
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
I believe there is another one by the thermostat
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Is there ? is it easy to get to? does anyone know the parts number for the valve?
Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
You want a part number for something that should be really easy to get at a junkyard or partout here?

I do not recall seeing any type of bleeder at the thermostat housing, and I did the LIM job myself. I'm also wondering how you managed to break yours.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
pics or it didnt happen.... seriously get a pic and post it cuz none of us know what the hell your talking about lol
Old 02-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
you turned the bigger half (lower part) didnt you? and that is not the thermostat housing. the thermo stat housing is whats on the end of the hose on the drivers side of the car.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Part #10070107
Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #9
Hellfire5670
GL Member

no my idiot friend over turned the bolt on the top and broke it off -.-
Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
yeah i think its made of brass and will break easily.

i thought i read somewhere that there was another bleeder valve by the thermostat. guess not xD
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
yeah i think its made of brass and will break easily.

i thought i read somewhere that there was another bleeder valve by the thermostat. guess not xD

Why would they put in two?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's not leaking, you can also jack up the rt side of the car and allow it to bleed out the rad cap. Make sure you get the lines that enter the bottle at the highest point you can without endangering yourself in the process. You should just replace it though man.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
I ripped my bleeder screw head off like that. It was as soft as butter. BTW the 3400 in Impalas had a bleeder screw in the thermostat housing in addition to the one in the coolant line.